Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!

Retro Gaming and Nostalgia! Where PacMan swallowed his first pill.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th April 2011, 10:14 PM   #71 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1151 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Dungeon Master - not my first but something I really loved.

Old 27th May 2011, 03:37 PM   #72 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3351

So many games to mention I very much doubt I could remember them all, from my original NES, SNES, N64, PS, PSII and then the PC there were so many.

But as for the very first addictive game it had to be the original Super Mario Bros on the NES when I was 8 or 9 years old. I still brag to people to this day (even if they dont care) that I once clocked Super Mario Bros in one sitting when I was 9 without losing a single life... ahhh the memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKharma View Post
God that C4 is annoying
Juganort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 07:20 PM   #73 (permalink)
Average - Post: 227

Scott Adam's adventure series on the TRS-80 was probably the 1st, although Doom1 and Duke Nukem 3D I each played continuously for well over a year.
Combat Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 11:24 PM   #74 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 86

Mellow

Mine were LoZ: ALttP for the simple reason of pure fun and I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. The other was, as was mentioned before, Final Fantasy III (VI, stupid renumbering). I remember thinking how epic that game was, and still is. Character development, and engaging story, and scope. That game was a god among games back then.
Rodimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2011, 12:33 AM   #75 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 304

Aggressive

Tetris on the original b/w Gameboy. Sadly the handheld no longer works but I remember playing that all night for several weeks when I got the GB.
Khaosfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 11:03 AM   #76 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Final Fantasy XIV
Competent - Post: 453

Amazed

The first video game I really started getting addicted to was Hogan's Alley.

The second one would have to have been Hang-On (the stand-up version, NOT the sit-down version) I'm still pissed at 7-11 for replacing it before I completed all the courses.
Nejad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 05:03 AM   #77 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 55

First really addictive game for me was Syndicate. But Privateer is a close second.
Old 26th November 2011, 03:46 PM   #78 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh

Stellar Empires on the TRS-80 back in 1983.
Battle of Britain on the PC in around 1993.
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:00 PM   #79 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Bored

When I went to super saturday at putt putt I would always play Galaga 88 before the end of the day and feel I was the only one that would play that game all day. I loved the idea of merging into 3 ships and tried to see how far I can go. The farthest I ever been was level 15 and that was without warping. Even playing it on an emulator that is about as far as I can go on one coin! I am hoping to one day go to Twin Galaxies and attempt a high score. Doubt I would get top score but it's the experience I want.

Another game I loved was Rampage and I could really play that all day. In fact when I found it for MAME i loved the idea of unlimited coins. Even if I went to putt putt and got 20 tokens I still didn't last long. Lets just say I kept on playing until I reached level 99. God knows how many continues I had but I do know I was playing for almost 6 hours straight! I just wish I can learn to stay alive longer to attempt a high score at Twin Galaxies.
Old 4th January 2012, 07:09 AM   #80 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 796

Cool

Elite on my Amiga 500. I don't know how many hours I spent flying that ship around. I don't think I made it past a rating of "Mostly Harmless" but damn if it wasn't fun trying.

I still remember the feeling of aprehension making a hyperspace jump - would I make it or would the drive malfunction and dump me into uncharted space to get swarmed by Thargoids?

A killing machine cunningly disguised as an idiot.

----------------------------------------------
"It's OK, BattlePope is the natural nemesis of the Littlebird." - Rebroken
Battle Pope is online now   Reply With Quote