Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!

Retro Gaming and Nostalgia! Where PacMan swallowed his first pill.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th June 2011, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1029

Dead
Default Please Help - What is this game called and where can I get it

I cant remember what this game is called, my grandmother had it and I loved it as a kid and now want to buy it for my children.

It's not a computer game, it has a base with a timer and a frame. The idea is to build a tower / structure inside the frame before the timer runs out. Once the timer runs outs a little plate on the base pushes up and as long as you built your tower correctly it will be pushed onto a stop plate at the top and take the force applied by the little plate at the bottom. If you didn't build the tower in time or not correctly it won't be able to take the pressure once the timer runs out and it will be crushed.

From memory, the tower you build is made of flat plastic plates in the shape of h's and l's etc. Then there are various lengths and colours rods that go between the plates.

I can't remember how many hours I spent playing this and I really want it for my kids. I have never seen it since.
T0by1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31st July 2011, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

did you ever find out the name? im very interested for my son
Old 31st July 2011, 09:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Dead

No idea at all. I have looked and looked, asked grandma. Googled every combination of terms I could think of and got nothing.

I spend hundreds of hours playing that game and loved it. I would really like to know.
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Leevers

I'll tell you what T0by! It's been 2 hours trying to find this for you, but it seems the original version of the game is hard to find info on. I figure that giving you were a child that your memory could be a little vague so based on that I found what appears to be a fairly recent version of it.

Amazon.com: Aftershock: Toys & Games

Never the less if this isn't what your after then I have also contacted a few youtubers who live for board games and have a fair knowledge of history with them. I'll await their reply and if good news comes of it then I'll let you know, but this is the best I can find. I hope your for kids sake that it's what your after.
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

Tried here? http://boardgamegeek.com/

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2011, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Dead

Here is a drawing of the game. That game looks alright though leevers.

Old 4th August 2011, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7440

Yeehaw

Ask on boardgame geek forums. If anyone on the whole Internet can identify it, they will.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2011, 09:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leevers

I have searched for 2 nights running and can't find anything I'm sorry T0by. shame really as I like to pride myself in finding stuff like this. Looks like I failed
Old 5th August 2011, 12:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
In Memory
Ace - Post: 8622 TOG Legend

Relaxed

I too have been searching for you with no joy, it's a shame you can't remember more about it... anyhoo I played a great building game the other day with some friends which was most interesting and a lot of laughs after some drinkies got flowing ... it's called Jenga maybe it will suffice while we are still searching for you

Thank you Chiack

Carm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 12:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 313 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Have you found out what it is yet? I've been searching myself since it seems so interesting and I've also e-mailed some experts but so far no dice.
meeowth is offline   Reply With Quote