MAMEhub will allow you to play retro coin operated arcade games, classic home console and home computer video games online (either VS, co-op or single player) with other players around
the world, regardless of what system they use (works on Mac, Linux & Windows).
This includes game titles from late 70s/early 80s (such as arcade Space Invaders, Atari 2600, C64, ZX Spectrum) to 90s (such as Amiga and arcade Street Fighter 3).
Mamehub uses the MAME and MESS emulators. and therefore if a game title works in these normally, it should work in MAMEhub too (that is should, not always guaranteed, due to complex game save issues of
some games). However, the good news, MAMEhub has the potential to run an estimated 40,000 game titles
MAMEhub game demo - PC Engine Console (1987) - Bomberman '94
Originally Posted by MameHub
- Create a chill out zone (to discuss, read up on and play all types of retro games).
- Enjoy pre-Internet classic multiplayer games in a modern day fashion.
- Introduce lost classics to a new generation of gamers.
- Provide feature rich interface.
- Always be 100% open source.
- Multi-platform (Mac, Linux & Windows gaming together), Android in future?
- Keeping MAME alive (giving it the retrofit it deserves).
- Introduce gamers to MESS.
MAMEhub game demo - Arcade - Penguin Brothers
Screenshots of MAMEhub interface (GUI) - 0.8 beta
Hey Rocket here,
So the first question people ask me when I tell them about MameHub is "does it work?" and the followed by "Sure but does it really work?" The answer to both of these questions is resounding yes. This is it if you ever wanted to play mame arcade game against online opponents this is the way to finally achieve that dream.
So what are you waiting for? Visit MAMEHub today and get involved.
Both players need the ROM, the online has GGPO style rollback system and runs amazingly well.
QuestorNZ and I played Ninja Turtles all the way through with 0% packet loss at 90ms ping, Australia to New Zealand.