The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Retro Gaming and Nostalgia! (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/retro-gaming-nostalgia/)
-   -   Leisure Suit Larry is coming BACK (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/retro-gaming-nostalgia/424833-leisure-suit-larry-coming-back.html)

Angelisa 3rd April 2012 08:11 PM

Leisure Suit Larry is coming BACK

So. For all those of you who loved the old school point and click adventures..

In particular, the great Leisure Suit Larry games..

THEY'RE PLANNING A REMAKE!

Make Leisure Suit Larry come again! by Replay Games — Kickstarter

This is the kickstarter campaign which has been launched by Al Lowe and Replay Games. If they hit the target goal, Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards will be remade with updated graphics, music, voices, and interface.

These guys have obviouslly taken a clue from the success of Double Fine adventures recent kickstarter campaign.

Get in behind them! Lets bring old school adventure gaming back!

linuxblue 22nd June 2012 02:53 PM

Oh Dear! Leisure Suit Larry...lol

DeathtoGnomes 26th June 2012 02:19 PM

I remember this game coming out on a Commodore Amiga. I had a 128D...

Dolnor 8th October 2012 10:36 AM

Yeppers, I am a contributor to that Kickstarter.

Just waiting for the alpha/beta testing to start! -)

TQQdles™

lucyblue 25th October 2012 08:59 AM

:)

I used to play that on my Commodore, too. I'm pretty sure I was too young.

densho 28th November 2012 03:14 AM

This game was quite popular in my teenage early years, I think the new generation will also enjoy it and the ones that played the earlier versions will be delighted.

betonme 6th December 2012 06:30 AM

Leisure Suit Larry is the freaking best ! so glad it's comming back

Atum 15th December 2012 12:39 PM

I wonder if they managed to teach Larry to swim this time around.

That, or fixed the toilet drain :)

nickherc 14th October 2014 06:35 AM

For me, Reloaded was a let down. Don't get me wrong, generally speaking it's a great game. Soundtrack is awesome, graphics are nice, but there is just too little added content. Which would not be the problem, if the price was lower. 20$ for the same game as in 1987? Meh. Too bad.

Dolnor 15th October 2014 05:21 PM

I just wanted to see of those ex-Sierra guys where serious about getting back in the games business. Al Lowe was the big pusher of the project...I expected more new content. But it seems they are too stuck in the "we used to be über...why can't be just do the same and be über again?" mindset.

I have the t-shirt, mouse pad, condom, game, etc. from the Reloaded kickstarter. I won't be supporting any more from these guys, individually or separately, from now on. They had a chance to shine...but I guess they are just too tarnished! -0

TQQdles™