Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Retro Gaming and Nostalgia!

Retro Gaming and Nostalgia! Where PacMan swallowed his first pill.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th December 2013, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 8

Default Arcade Machine

I'm only new to TOG but was just stumbling around and saw this group. I thought I'd put up some photos of an arcade machine I built about 8 years ago. It's had a few updates since.

I brought an empty shell for $100 and pieced the rest together from old parts and ebay.

It now lives in my sons room waiting for him to get old enough to play it. It being Metal Slug 1 to 5.

Last edited by kilpatrick; 4th December 2013 at 03:30 PM.
kilpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th December 2013, 12:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official Battlefield Welcomer
Deadly - Post: 1954 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Asleep

awesome mate. I had some good times playing Street Fighter as a kid. It will be a good day when he beats you on this machine!
Old 9th December 2013, 10:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6838

KP! Welcome along mate, great to see you on here. I see you've joined the fourm, but have you applied for full membership in the barracks? (Assuming you're 25 of course) There's much more to TOG than what's on public view

On topic - that machine looks awesome, but how does one play SFA2 with only four buttons? Nah, it's srsly cool, and i love the Metal Slugs as well. A mate of mine and i managed to finish MS4 starting out with with 4 credits each, though it took a lot of practice. Do you know where i could get a copy of MS6, btw? Very keen to play it, but can't find it anywhere.

Several TOGgers have built cabinets that i know of. Hanmat's Dragon's Lair machine was srsly impressive (From this post on down).

I'm actually in the middle of a build of my own right now. Not an arcade cab or even a gaming system itself as such, but a piece of hardware. No spoilers, but I'll make sure to post pics when done.

Ganny4Lyf!

Last edited by Buttersoft; 9th December 2013 at 12:35 PM.
Buttersoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 03:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 11

haha, sweet. That takes me back. Where i come from, we didn`t really have an arcade center in our small city, but we had like a pool center and they had one arcade game : Mortal kombat. I basically lived there for a while, those were the good times!!!
highonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 8

I had a cocktail table too - unfortunately it worked perfect and had original internals and game so I couldn't bring my self to mod it. And because it was such a bad game, I never played it, so I sold it.

I've never seen metal slug 6. Might have to do some searching...
kilpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote