OK, first warning, I don't think any of the server games will be updating this weekend (weekend of the 15th Feb)
Reason for this is just general sense and this patch plays with Hak Paks slightly, possibly causing a problem with the EOTB modules that are running.
I suggest we try updating afterwards so if there are any problems there is a week to sort them out.
Details regarding the 'RESREF' issue in the 1.28 English NWToolset can be found here http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewto...92604&forum=46
Available for English Only. Summary of fixes new to this patch listed below (complete list of fixes here).
WARNING! ALL MODULES CREATED/SAVED WITH THE VERSION 1.28 TOOLSET ARE TAGGED AS REQUIRING VERSION 1.28 OR HIGHER OF NEVERWINTER NIGHTS GAME OR TOOLSET. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BRAND YOUR MODULE AS 1.28 OR HIGHER THEN DO NOT EDIT YOUR MODULE IN THE VERSION 1.28 OR HIGHER TOOLSET.
IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO 1.27, WE HAVE A REVERT PATCH AVAILABLE.
Neverwinter Nights Game
- * Added Gnolls to the game resources (You can see the Gnolls in action by downloading the Gnoll DEMO area)
* Added support for multiple Hak Paks.
* Fixed polymorph removal on all saving/exporting of creatures.
* Added new ATI code for the ATI Catalyst 3.0/3.1 drivers. Please upgrade to the ATI Catalyst 3.1 drivers if you have not done so already.
* Fixed "Damage Reduction absorbed # damage" message. It now displays the correct value absorbed for Barbarians/Monks.
* If GameSpy is offline, Favorites, History, Buddy Lists, and Direct Connect will all be available from the Internet Multiplayer screen instead of denying access.
* Made a fix for creatures in a Hak Pak crashing the game when reloading the hak pak saved game from within the game.
* Made several game stability fixes.
* Made some fixes to prevent game/character hacking. Sorry, but we will never publically discuss specific changes to the game with regards to hacking the game.
Added multiple Hak Pak support.
- * Added smooth transitioning parameter to SetCameraFacing().
* Added CopyObject() scripting command.
* Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset
- * Improved module loading speed. However, this change means that you can no longer insert blueprints into a module outside of the Toolset by putting them in the module temp directory, and expect them to appear when you load the module.
* Added right-click menu option to manually reload any of the blueprint palettes. Useful if you inserted blueprints into a module outside of the toolset and they don't appear because of the new module loading code.
* Optimized loading of blueprint files during palette refresh after operations such as File|Import, or creating a new plot.
In the inventory dialog, warn user when equipping items that a creature cannot use, and list the feats that are missing. This will not warn about existing problems with creatures, only warn for new equipping attempts.
Hak Pak Editor
- * Added File|Merge option to merge another Hak Pak into the one that is currently open. This will just merge the file content of the Hak Paks. This will NOT merge 2DA files.
Just whack your update button
to update, remember, if your in a server check with the server first. If after this weekend, you should be right to update.