Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th December 2007, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 90

Default Two Worlds

Now on sale, EB Games are selling the RPG, Two Worlds, for half price. A friend and I have picked up a copy, and while I've yet to look at it (wifey-poo says can't open it until Christmas!) my friend basically sums it up as a poor man's Oblivion. Rumour has it that if you stick with it beyond the half hour mark, gameplay becomes quite rewarding. Anyone else tried it?
dragonlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20th December 2007, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 596

No been waiting for it to get dirt cheap lol heard the same thing though
Tularian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5239

Tired

How dirt cheap do you want? It's US$40 on Steam ...

I've been thinking about this one ...
Jigoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2007, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official Battlefield Welcomer
Deadly - Post: 1949 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Asleep

I thought it was not too bad. I agree about giving it a bit of time to get used to, and there are certainly comparisons to Oblivion. I must admit that I did not complete it, but I would have got a good 20 or so hours of gameplay out of it. Probably longer than I got out of Oblivion before I went 'meh'.

I think one of the main reasons I didn't complete the whole of the main story - was close though apparently, is that I became unbeatable! Nothing was a challenge at all towards the end. On the opposite end, when you first start, things are very difficult. That, I really liked!! As it means you have to tread very carefully, so suspense was right up.
Tulgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2007, 01:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 90

And yet, that's one of the things I found annoying about Oblivion - everybody leveled when you did, so the mobs were always hard to fight, sometimes even more so. That kind of broke the game for me, because that meant everyone from petty thieves to town guards were as powerful as me, if not more so! Why would they be? Think about it, when you started off, one of the missions was to take down a witch in a cave, and the first time I tried it, I had to run away screaming like a little girl! But I figured when I was a few more levels up, I'd show her! Well, when I did level up, so did she, the rats, etc... so what's the point!? Challenge is one thing, but there's a state of mind in an RPG I think which is if you're the main protagonist going through all the hoops and drama to become the uber champion to beat the big evil, it defeats the storyline if every Tom Dick and Harriet also is as powerful as you just for the sake of it being a challenge. In which case what's the point of you becoming powerful, even the Town Guards can take down the mighty evil!

Sigh, ok I'm ranting, but I have to say it appeals to me if the game lets me become the uber champion through trials and tribulations, then yes it's going to be easy for me to return to that dungeon or that cave and say to that baddie, "Hallo. I've gone up 6 levels. You killed my minions. Prepare to die!"...
dragonlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2008, 09:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlibrarian View Post
And yet, that's one of the things I found annoying about Oblivion - everybody leveled when you did, so the mobs were always hard to fight, sometimes even more so. That kind of broke the game for me, because that meant everyone from petty thieves to town guards were as powerful as me, if not more so! Why would they be? Think about it, when you started off, one of the missions was to take down a witch in a cave, and the first time I tried it, I had to run away screaming like a little girl! But I figured when I was a few more levels up, I'd show her! Well, when I did level up, so did she, the rats, etc... so what's the point!? Challenge is one thing, but there's a state of mind in an RPG I think which is if you're the main protagonist going through all the hoops and drama to become the uber champion to beat the big evil, it defeats the storyline if every Tom Dick and Harriet also is as powerful as you just for the sake of it being a challenge. In which case what's the point of you becoming powerful, even the Town Guards can take down the mighty evil!

Sigh, ok I'm ranting, but I have to say it appeals to me if the game lets me become the uber champion through trials and tribulations, then yes it's going to be easy for me to return to that dungeon or that cave and say to that baddie, "Hallo. I've gone up 6 levels. You killed my minions. Prepare to die!"...
Exactly my problem with Oblivion. I still play it often, but thats just because I love downloading and playing the mods for it. It's too bad nobody has come out with a GOOD static levelling mod for it. The game would be much more immersive without level scaling.
onthursday963 is offline   Reply With Quote