|24th December 2007, 10:30 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Close Combat: Modern Warfare
Has anyone else purchased this?
Matrix Games - Close Combat - Modern Tactics
I'm a long time fan of the Close Combat series and recently bought a copy. I'm looking for TOG players to play the multiplayer game with - it supports up to 5 players per side, and we can use TeamSpeak etc. to organise our communications. At $35 it's a bargain as far as I'm concerned.
A quick summary of the game IMHO:
* Realism at the small unit level - ammo, morale, fatigue, true line of sight etc.
* Wide variety of units and vehicles
* Infantry can mount and dismount APCs etc. for faster travel
* Troops can dig in and create trenches etc.
* Off-board artillery, mortars, air strikes and attack choppers
* Up to 5 players per side multiplayer
* Some dodgy path finding
* No campaign mode (scenarios are one round only)
* Can be hard on the top-down map to judge elevation and concealment
* Map and scenario editor is complex and not user-friendly
* Lacks in-game multiplayer communications
It's not about dying for your country...
...It's about helping the other guy die for his.