Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th April 2008, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12257

Default Tom Clancy's HAWX

This title was announced sometime last year, and got me more than a little excited. All I head then was that there was to be a Clany game focussed on Air Combat. My real excitement stems from the fact that there are very few flying games out there that bridge the gap between Arcade, and Simulator. Growing up playing with titles like Jet Fighter II has me itching for another shot. I'm pretty certain this'll be "dumbed down" for console, but knowing the other Clancy titles, there'll be a hard edge of "reality" to it as well.

YouTube - Tom Clancy's HAWX: Air Combat game trailer from Ubisoft

Looking good!
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th April 2008, 12:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12257

And if that helmet looks a little "sci-fi" it is. It's also the new helmet for the F-35 JSF. Apparently does away with a conventional HUD, and replaces it all with projected images on the visor. In theory (and presumably practice) it allows the pilot 360 views, even through the floor of the plane.

Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote