Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th November 2008, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1381

Talking Red Alert 3 - CoOp

Wondering if anyone wants to do some Mission Co-Ops?

Add me on Xfire if ya like lol dummy90

Love to do some mission on Co-op or even battles
Dummy! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th January 2009, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

coop is always good!

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3

Quote:
Co-Op Done Right - Every mission is designed from the ground-up with co-operative gameplay in mind. Join forces and strategize with friends online or join forces with nine AI commanders, three for each faction, all of whom have their own unique personality and style of play that might come in handy depending on the situation.

screenshot
Screenshot - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

what's the learning curve like in this game?
is it newbie friendly?
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2009, 06:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Learning curve..

IMHO it's Touch and go really. VERY easy to understand it all..But more difficult to counter your opponent's moves,

EG- If your enemy has a full fleet or Air Units, and you have only Tanks..But No Air Defense things can get very rough. So, the best tip is. Always! keep your base packed with EVERY type of defense, you will never know what your enemy is doing/done ;P'

Newbie Friendly?

Very! - The game itself is so easy to pick up!! You just need some Logic to "Use" your army to the best!

BUT, it's best to play the older gamers (Red Alert 3..Red Alert Firestorm etc etc...Or Read its Story Line so you can relate to why the battle is going on!

OR you can have Skirmish battles with Bots or online..No storyline
The battlefield is yours to mess with!! You chose the rules! You chose want Army'(s) you want to VS! YOU chose how strong of an enemy they will be!

You can choose your Army, Soviet. USA, and another one..Cant recall it just yet lol

SUPERWEAPONS! NOTHING can stop these!! NOTHING! Each "Superweapon" has approx 7min to charge it. During the 7min, thats the time for YOU and your allys to take it out! Before its to late!

Russia Gets: Vacum Imploder - Leaves a devastating mess in the enemys base!!

And I cant remember the other ones...But I've just started playing again So I can update this a bit

Remember! NEVER Underestimate your opponent!
Also, the great thing about this game is.. Tank Rushes will not win the battle anymore It's always best to have a mixed army! never the same!
Old 12th January 2009, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

There is one down side..

One False move can/may end you - Try to do your best to "Out Think" your enemy's

If a Superweapon hits your base..Your pretty much done for, right after a Superweapon attack is the BEST time for the others to invade you!

In the Red Alert games, I've learnt..It's best to build more than 1 base! So you have something to fall back on! -Also- never have your base all built up to close. One Superweapon can cause massive damage!
Old 12th January 2009, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1380

Paranoid

freindly! this town is full of red faced puff adders who wont play me again. and online red alert was untendable from all the hacks. played a 500 ranked player years ago and could hold him 9 games to 2, (loss) which i thought was good. and left him seweating more than once...
Mugger Murderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2009, 01:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

hehehe :P

Sadly, another down side.. The Online Community in Red Alert 3 .. It's full off lil kids with MASSIVE ego's LOL.

But, when you own em..They Rage Quit hahah
Old 13th January 2009, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1380

Paranoid

ahhh rage, the screams from the other room, fu fu ogf foff ffs fthis.
Mugger Murderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2009, 06:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

So true :P