Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st February 2009, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2867

Lurking
Default Empire Total War Demo out on STEAM

Battle of Brandywine Creek
After landing from his transport ships on the American coast, Major-General Sir William Howe led the British troops eastwards, with the intention of capturing Philadelphia.
In preparation, American General George Washington readied most of his units to defend from this frontal assault around the narrow crossing of Chad's Ford on the Brandywine. The Creek flows through the countryside of Pennsylvania, enveloped by sheer cliffs and heavily wooded hills on both sides. Knowing that much of the fast-flowing creek could not be crossed, Washington was confident of holding his position.
However, more detailed surveillance of the terrain would suggest that alternative routes could turn the battle in the favor of the British.
Battle of Lagos
As so often in 18th Century warfare, French plans to invade England during the Seven Years War were reliant on ships from the naval base at Toulon joining ships from Brest. The British had both ports blockaded, and the French had to wait for one of the blockading fleets to withdraw for re-supply before attempting any rendezvous.
The opportunity came when the British fleet under Admiral Boscawen at Toulon withdrew to Gibraltar. The French under Jean-François de la Clue-Sabran left Toulon, and began to make their way towards Brest. Passing the Straits of Gibraltar, the French were spotted by Boscawen's lookout ships.
Giving chase, Boscawen's fleet was only slightly larger than the French force, and caught up with them off the coast of Portugal where battle was joined.
Take control of the British and defeat the French to end the invasion threat to Britain.
Note: This demo is presented in English language only. However, the full game contains French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Czech and Polish languages.

System Requirements
    • Supported OS: Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista™
    • Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel® Pentium® or greater or AMD® Athlon® equivalent CPU
    • Memory: 1GB RAM (XP,) 2GB RAM (Vista™)
    • Graphics: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible hardware accelerated video card with shader version 2.0 support, 256 MB video memory
    • Display: Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
    • Sound: Directx9.0c compatible sound card
    • Hard Drive: 15 GB free hard disk space
    • Peripherals: Windows compatible mouse and keyboard

© SEGA. The Creative Assembly, Total War, Empire: Total War and the Total War logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Creative Assembly Limited. SEGA and the SEGA logo are registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Corporation. All rights reserved.

This Game

Game Details

Title: Empire: Total War™ Demo
Genre: Strategy
Developer: The Creative Assembly
Publisher: SEGA
Release Date: Feb 20, 2009
Languages: English

Moderate Battle violence
Single-player
Game demo

If You Tolerate This, Then Your Children Will Be Next.
welshman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st February 2009, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Advisor
Guru - Post: 11700

Lurking

Awesome !

Downloading it now.

“The Vulcan Neck Pinch is not half as powerful as the Vulcan Groin Kick, but it's more politically correct”
Vulcan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Lurking

Played the land Battle of Bunker Hill and this game is Brilliant, The Right and Left wheel commands mean You can bring the firpower of the line regiments in an ordered manner, Once you have them positioned correctly ofcoarse and the change between fire and bayonet charge is implimented very easily. The combat annies are excellently done with the butt of the rifles being used as well as the bayonet. the comand order sounds are very well implimented and if you zoom down to ground level while the 24 pounder cannons are being discharged, the sound is nerve racking. all in all extremely impressed with what I've seen so far, Hopefully Vulc can expand on this for I'm off to give the French a bloody nose at the Sea battle of Lagos.
BTW I gave those Colonial American Upstarts a jolly good trashing at Bunker Hill (But it was close)

Old 21st February 2009, 02:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4493

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan21 View Post
Awesome !

Downloading it now.
Searched and couldn't find out whether the price is US dollars or AUD. Can you advise
Old 21st February 2009, 03:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Lurking

It's the Demo Granpa so absolutly Free.....The offical release date is 5th of March which if You get the D/L version from STEAM is US$59 or US$79 if You want the bonus content
Hard copy is AUS$89, AUS$99 for special edition (Extra Units) or AUS139 for collectors Edition

Old 21st February 2009, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1678

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman View Post
BTW I gave those Colonial American Upstarts a jolly good trashing at Bunker Hill (But it was close)

Bunker Hill?????

I only got Brandywine Creek as a land battle with my demo.
Old 21st February 2009, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Amused

Quote:
It's the Demo Granpa so absolutly Free.....The offical release date is 5th of March which if You get the D/L version from STEAM is US$59 or US$79 if You want the bonus content
Hard copy is AUS$89, AUS$99 for special edition (Extra Units) or AUS139 for collectors Edition
I got and played the demo but the only pricing for the game I could find was $59. I wasn't sure if that was USD or AUD seeing as I was looking at Segas Australian site.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll jump on Steam and preorder it and get Rome:Total War also
Old 21st February 2009, 07:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Bunker Hill?????

I only got Brandywine Creek as a land battle with my demo.
Yea I got alittle behind Myself Speedy......Brandywine is what I ment to say

Old 21st February 2009, 07:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
I got and played the demo but the only pricing for the game I could find was $59. I wasn't sure if that was USD or AUD seeing as I was looking at Segas Australian site.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll jump on Steam and preorder it and get Rome:Total War also
I hope your D/L quota is up to it Granpa cause it unzips to about 15 GIG which will mean it will be roughly between 8 and 11 GIG D/L, that's why I've Pre-ordered a Hard copy...which still goes through STEAM anyway

Old 21st February 2009, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Amused

Quote:
I hope your D/L quota is up to it Granpa cause it unzips to about 15 GIG which will mean it will be roughly between 8 and 11 GIG D/L, that's why I've Pre-ordered a Hard copy...which still goes through STEAM anyway
Depending on the connection to steam that shouldn't be a problem. If I download between midnight and noon it doesn't count in my main downloads. I get an extra 12GB between midnight and noon.

Never the less I think I will order the hard copy because long downloads can be a problem sometimes.