Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th April 2009, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive
Default The Blood Bowl Beta is Closing. :(

Hello,

We are sorry to inform you that the Blood Bowl beta will be over soon.
We want to thank you for your implication in this beta, thus we are happy to announce that the servers will be kept open until Sunday in the night for the most lately registered players. So you will be able to fully enjoy this game during the week end!

For the first registered players, in case your activation key will expire soon, you will be able to reactivate your version with the same key you used for the first activation, to enjoy this last week end of Beta as well. We’ve tried our best to make the reactivation system work perfectly, but we apologize in the case something goes wrong.

We also remind you that although the beta is over, you are still bound by the non-disclosure agreement you accepted when registering for the beta. Everything you saw and learnt while playing the game must be considered as confidential.

We hope you appreciated this Blood Bowl beta, and we thank you once again for being part of this adventure.

See you soon on the pitch!

The Blood Bowl Team

If my calculations are correct (I <3 BTTF) I think that means the servers will shut down/keys will fail to activate sometime during Monday the 4th of May - Rocket.

TOG Blood Bowl Coaches
Here is a list of Tog players Currently in the Beta (Their Tog forum name is in brackets)

King_Rocket (King_Rocket)
Agelix (Kadfael)
bracko (Bracksen)
gorborkashiv (Brohawk)
zero (zero)
Greebo (Greebo)
Wabbajack (Wabbajack)

I'f I have missed anyone just send me a PM or post in the thread.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."

Last edited by King_Rocket; 30th April 2009 at 10:48 AM.
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23rd April 2009, 05:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains
Elite - Post: 3842

Amused

dang, missed it... I can't wait for this game.... dang
brohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Pensive

Sorry to hear that, I signed up twice so if I get an extra spot I'll let you know.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains

Amused

I would appreciate that.
Old 23rd April 2009, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Journalist
Retired Journalist
Competent - Post: 415

Buzzed

*Darth Vader voice*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Totally missed that. Guess I'll have to stick to the tabletop version a bit longer :P
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains

Amused

I wonder if we will have enough to start our own league. That would be cool.
Old 23rd April 2009, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Pensive

I got a good response when I first posted the videos plus not every body is interested in the lucky dip that is beta testing. So the fact that the beta thread isn't bustling with people wont be any indication of our final numbers.

Old 23rd April 2009, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains

Amused

Even if we only had 8 or so people, that would be fine. We could do home and away games, do the 3 cup tournaments as double elimination and have a single elim ladder just for kicks.
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Average - Post: 154

I'd love to be part of a TOG Blood Bowl league. Either in Beta or Live. Sign me up!
Kadfael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains

Amused

when the release date gets closer, we should have more detailed discussions on forming a league, getting a commish, and rules for playing.

I have been in a couple of leagues and was commish once, not that I want that job mind you. One thing we did have to implement though was how many games you could play in a week because one guy played over 10 games the first week and then pretty much dominated the league for awhile. He did get to the playoffs, but didn't win the Championship.

Another thing is the time difference. Most Aussie players are 14 hours ahead of me so that will make it tough to schedule games with you guys. I mean I don't mind getting up at 4AM to play Blood Bowl, but maybe not everyone in the US will be willing to do that.

What we might want to consider is a single league with at least 2 divisions. One season we ran we had 22 players so we split it up into 4 divisions and then the top 2 from each division went to the playoffs. We also had standbys if people didn't or couldn't show up at the playoffs which we did in one day, single elimination style.

Anyway if we had at least 2 divisions, and enough people, then we could do something similar.

Also, we sometimes ran an unlimited league where any team that went through a season (3 months) could join and that team could stay around as long as the owner wanted. We didn't run seasons with those teams, just the cup competitions usually in single elim or sometimes double elim if we didn't have that many players. Of course you could always play a game with that team but couldn't play more than one game of your unlimited team per 2 games of your regular team, unless you didn't have team in the regular season (which never happened, but we had a rule on it just in case).

Anyway, I wish I had our league statutes as there was a lot in them over the years we developed it. I know it sounds like a lot of controls over a game, but when you have people coming and going, and people trying to always get an edge, you do have to make it fair so that everyone has a chance. Allowing people to play unlimited amount of games without and time constraint definitely unbalances things. By the same token, having a very rigid system doesn't take into consideration that we aren't professional teams with only BB to play/work.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to BB.

Tags
blood bowl