Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th July 2009, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 596

Default Mechwarrior

All I can say its about Effin time.

IGN Video: MechWarrior Project [rumored] PC Games Trailer - Reveal Trailer
Tularian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th July 2009, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
C4
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5348

Breezy

Looks good, miss those mech games.
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1657

You beat me to the post. Mechwarrior 5. Sawweett.

FilePlanet: MechWarrior 5 Trailer Download it here.

Dravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2090

Breezy

MekTek.net Development - News - MechWarrior to be Distributed Free on BattleTech.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MekTek
Source: Smith and Tinker

In honor of BattleTech's 25th anniversary, Smith and Tinker has authorized MekTek.net and MekTek Studios to distribute MechWarrior 4 (along with its expansion packs) completely free. For years, MekTek.net has been the central point for online distribution of MechWarrior 4 expansion packs. Now they can provide the core game free to the fans as well. Keep an eye on BattleTech.com – the free download will be available soon!

MekTek's Response
We are very pleased to announce that Smith & Tinker has authorized us (MekTek.net) and our professional studio (MekTek Studios) to distribute and package a worldwide free release of MechWarrior4 and all of its expansions.

This free release of MechWarrior4 that commemorates BattleTech’s 25th anniversary as well as MekTek’s 10th anniversary, and will allow BattleTech fans an chance to re-discover MechWarrior, as well as help us bring in a new army of players who are discovering MechWarrior and the BattleTech universe for the first time,completely for free.

MekTek views this partnership as a hallmark moment for the global MechWarrior community. We welcome the opportunity for the MekTek team to officially take a leadership role in the cultivation and development of the on-line MechWarrior communities in support and anticipation of the recently announced MechWarrior game by Smith & Tinker and Piranha games.

We are honored by the opportunity bestowed apon us by Smith and Tinker and its partners, and we hope the online community will enjoy this free release all the while recognizing the support and commitment that Smith & Tinker, Catalyst Games, and MekTek.net has made to the BattleTech fans around the world.

Vince 'VAM' McMullin Founder
Email: vincem(@)mektekdev.com

Free Mechwarrior action for all
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 02:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25490

Amused

Oh Hey I started this in the FPS (or moved it there after starting it in the lounge hahaha).

Had trouble trying to pinpoint exactly what genre to classify this. Since its using the Unreal3 engine and is sort of "FPS" I asked for the lounge thread to be moved to the shooting range, heh.

Can't wait to sink my teeth into this, and seriously... that teaser was [ingame footage]. Very impressive.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Division Captain
Warframe
Deadly - Post: 1248

Trailer looks awesome.

It's due time for a mechwarrior game to be released and it was only a few months back i was having a conversation with a friend about certain great games that just vanished from the face of the earth.
Mechwarrior was one of them.

i've done my tour of Battletech and Mechwarrior PnP/boardgame RPGs back in the day and have followed/played the PC versions since The Crescent Hawk's Inception.

i'm most certainly going to add this one to my shopping list.

-roob
roob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 07:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 596

Was it just me or was the Warhammer pilot like the worst Mechwarrior ever? "2 enemies in the vicinity" "yea I am gonna charge into some smoke cuz its freakin sweet and a Warhammer is sooo totally made for close combat yea I rock. uh oh eject."
Tularian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 12:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 731

Yeehaw

dammit..i thought i was the 1st to notice & made a thread...But yes ...MECH ARE BACK
Do argree ...as a X-warhammer / Thorr pilot ...he was failing horribly ...

Last edited by UN1TISGOD; 11th July 2009 at 12:06 AM.
UN1TISGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 12:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 731

Yeehaw

IGN: MechWarrior Q&A - The First Details

A good read ..but ...i truely hope..they keep the controls MW4mercs style & not Xbox port.
Also ..i reckon its about time mechwarrior got things like Trakir5 support ..for better immersion ..

P.s. I will buy some 1 a beer if they let me know the 2nd any one has wind of a alpha / beta trails.

Last edited by UN1TISGOD; 11th July 2009 at 12:36 AM.
UN1TISGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2009, 06:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25490

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tularian View Post
Was it just me or was the Warhammer pilot like the worst Mechwarrior ever? "2 enemies in the vicinity" "yea I am gonna charge into some smoke cuz its freakin sweet and a Warhammer is sooo totally made for close combat yea I rock. uh oh eject."
No, the worst mechwarrior ever was the Jenner pilot that thought it was a good idea to go mano-eh-mano with a warhammer that outweighed it three to one.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote