TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th July 2009, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 1

Default Whats your favorite mmorpg

Whats your favorite mmorpg

Just a couple things that has to be taken into account before you answer.

It has to be completely free. GW has a cover price so it doesn't count. It can have payment options for special items and whatnot but the majority of the game can be played for free. Like in Maple story you can buy outfits but its not necessary.

A game that's still updated frequently enough.such as guildwarsize

Runescape doesn't count ^_^

I'm looking for a new mmo right now to play since I kinda quit GW. Three years is a bit much for one game lol.
lovegw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31st July 2009, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25461

Amused

Hey lovegw, welcome to the TOG forums. You might want to try to post this over in the mmorpg forum; you'll find more mmo players there.

MMORPG Games: The Realms - The Older Gamers Forums

I haven't played any myself to be honest, but I've heard a lot of great things about Free Realms interestingly enough, and know there's already a bunch of TOG that have started playing there with friends and family. There's no full Free Realms division here (as there are with many other mmo's, fps', and even people doing consoles and rts').

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 05:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator
The Dragon
Ace - Post: 8470 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

I think I've got just the game you're looking for as long at you don't mind it looking like WoW. I've tried lots of FREE games, they've all disappointed me because the graphics normally don't do to widescreen and the game play hasn't been up to much. But after reading about this one in a gaming magazine I thought I'd give it a go. After level 10 you can choose a second class like Guild Wars (I'm lvl 10 Rouge - Mage) and I think the graphics look great. I've also read this there's new chapter on the way. I can highly recommend Runes of Magic, I think you'll love it.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” ― Douglas Adams

Last edited by Monty; 6th August 2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Fixing broken link.
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Amused

links coming up broken Monty.

But people can try this one.. http://www.runesofmagic.com/en/index.html

We need you, Citizen!
Old 5th August 2009, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

i don't have favourite one actually
Old 6th August 2009, 04:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
The Dragon
Ace - Post: 8470 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Thanks Reoh, the link should be fixed now.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” ― Douglas Adams
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 06:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1070

Happy

My favorite mmo is still the one I started out with, Rose Online. Even though it can't really compete with the newer games anymore it still has that certain charm about it. But I guess that's me feeling a little nostalgic to because the community in rose was very close, I ended up playing there for 3 years. Lots of people from back in the old days keep on playing it a bit as a second game. So do I on a private server, if anyone's interested to have a try at it they can always pm me and I'll show them around ingame =)
Rose online is a free to play game with anime like graphics. Players who like to craft a lot can make an artisan, the bourg class is very stylish to because you have a launcher as a weapon. The mounts in this game are replaced with carts, artisans can even craft sporty model carts or you transport your character in a transformer like wooden robot.

Free to grind |GW2 (Malicia Mangora-Caelifera Chimera-Narika Noratu)
Thank you Coneman for the sig

Ariya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Amused

MMO's are like dating, you always have a fondness for your first love.

Mine was Asheron's Call, and there's things about that game I just wish some of the more modernised titles would feature. Once a month there would be a regular free content patch that were churned out like a metronome. They would give teasers a couple weeks before it, and a couple weeks after people would be finding all the new things hidden about the world. As the storylines progressed the world changed to match. Many things were added to over time, extra features to improve the game and all for free; churned out like a metronome ticking away for years. Also the open skill system with no classes, you picked what you wanted and made your own classes. Looking forward to having that again in Champions Online (although its a different mechanic, and game entirely).

We need you, Citizen!