Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th September 2009, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1202

Default Torchlight

Hey All!

I've been following this game since Mythos closed, and there have been some recent developments worth noting.

Release date is Oct 27 and pricing is USD$20.

Judging by the quality of this teams previous titles (e.g. Diablo, Fate and Mythos) I'm confident this will be a very funny hack and slash dungeon crawl!

Check out the website and the recent treaser trailer:

Torchlight Runic Games

Torchlight Teaser Trailer - Shackvideo - PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii movies and trailers
Gash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th September 2009, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2171

Confused

27th eh, didn't realise it was that close, thought it wasn't due til 2010 for some reason.

Good news
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2009, 03:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1202

Yep, even ppl hanging out for D3 should find something to pass the time here, although personally I'm more interested in this than the title I just mentioned.
Gash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2009, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7441

Yeehaw

Looks interesting. I doubt this will trump Diablo III though, they seem more focused on mechanics than the overall game itself. When their first pimped "feature" is randomness and all other said features are just as techy - that they'll be releasing a point and click editor - I worry about how cohesive the overall game will feel.

I just can't shake the feeling they're more interesting in building the tech than the game so to speak.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 01:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2124

Breezy

It won't trump D3, but until its release its a great way to pass 20mins or so. For $20 its certainly a very stable and well presented game, you can't complain about that.

Might do a mini review if im not too lazy
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 07:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 301

Sleepy

I'm like it, it feels very much like a pretty niffty diablo 1, more like a spiritual sequal to the orginal diablo then D2 was in my honest opinion heh... but at $20 it's worth the spend... pitty no multiplayer yet
ketsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2009, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 43

I decided to buy it too and after playing it the last couple of nights, I agree its more like a sequal to Diablo 1 than 2. I never played Fate or Mythos so I can't say how it compares to them.

At $20, I couldn't pass it up as a new Diablo type game that I can play in short bursts offline when I don't have the time to spend in an MMO or when I don't feel like trying to get a group together in an MMO to run something.
Wulford (Rogue/Knight) -- Tarondor (Priest/Scout)
Grimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 02:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sleepy

I love how none of the abilities have a pre-req other than level, I don't have to buy 1 level of X to get the lvl 5 ability Y for example.

I got into the random dungeons too you buy a scroll with a level range on it, 1-10 dungeon was the scroll i grabed then simple right click and it opens a portal into a random dungeonf or levels 1-10 it was great.

only downside is I've already realised how I'd make my character differently if I had the same over... for instance dual wield isn't the be all end all like in some games... I'd rather focus on shield and that big phantom armour (ghost hovers over you warrior and block and attacks anything in range... it's great.

fishing is cool too, I turned my dog into this monster and he ran all over going ape shite, only downside is he was the same type of monster that I was already fighting I kept thinking I was attacking some sort of immortal beasty I couldn't kill... hehe
Old 30th October 2009, 03:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2171

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketsum View Post
only downside is I've already realised how I'd make my character differently if I had the same over
Runic have already released a mod that adds a skill respec potion for sale at the general supplies vendor.

Runic Games • View topic - Respec Mod
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Runic have already released a mod that adds a skill respec potion for sale at the general supplies vendor.

Runic Games • View topic - Respec Mod
omg yay! thanks