Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th October 2009, 07:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains
Elite - Post: 3842

Amused
Default back to Oblivion

well after playing all the MMOs TOG has a division in and some that we don't, I have determined that Oblivion is a better game... maybe SW:TOR will change my mind, until then I will be Oblivious
brohawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th October 2009, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6615

Grumpy

I have been tempted by this game alot over the past few months, yet deciding what platform to get it on has me confused.

People mention PC as the mods are great but to be honest i would not know where to start, ill have to make up my mind and try it though so many good things are said about it.
Old 7th October 2009, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains

Amused

well there are extensive mods... some of the ones I am currently using are: QTP3 (this makes the game look alot better), MMM (many more monsters, thought that isn't the name of the mod), Frans, AWS (atmospherics), Night Sky, the official and unofficial patches and lots of other stuff. OOO is pretty good too. If you want to use MMM, Frans, and OOO together, you need FCOM and some time to get it running. See this site: FCOM: Convergence and that will help you through. You will also need Oblivion Mod Manager, BOSS, and Wrye Bash. You will need at least OMM and BOSS in any case to get all the mods working. BOSS sorts the load order. OMM if you download the OMOD files instead of the .esp or .bsa files, well it seems to work better but not all mods are in the .omod format.

Honestly, OB4 is a really great game and there are literally thousands upon thousands of mods for it. A bunch of stuff for everyone. Enjoy.
Old 8th October 2009, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Grumpy

My brain hurts just trying to read that let alone set it all up, thank god for consoles
Old 8th October 2009, 09:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains

Amused

hehe... well the mods give OB4 new life in a lot of ways, not sure what you can do on a console... for the most part though, adding mods is pretty easy. Those four mods are quite extensive and so the install process is extensive as well. Any one or two of them are easy, and other mods just add or change a few things so there is less likely an issue as long as you don't load up two that try to do the same thing.
Old 8th October 2009, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 16

Well, now that I think of it.
Oblivion has gathered more dust on my harddrive than it did in my spindle.
Well main reason was for a lack of a better word. Mods of that time sucked. and now they are looking pretty darn good.
so fire up your download manager, and get 4 Gigs of mods. and you are set to have a merry time in Oblivion.
LiNanMian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2009, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains

Amused

yeah, I am enjoying Oblivion quite well with all the mods and I am downloading more.. Actually I got about 11 gigs of downloads installed hehe
Old 9th October 2009, 04:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Grumpy

that is alot would take me weeks to download all that
Old 9th October 2009, 05:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captains

Amused

well if you are using a console, you can't use any of it anyway... only the official DLCs can be used on the consoles, the rest are PC only
Old 10th October 2009, 06:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Grumpy

Yeah console will do me i think i could not be bothered with buggering about with all that.

I will let you know how i get on