TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 8th October 2009, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Competent - Post: 499

Tired
Default League of legends

If there are any DoTa fans here I just got a beta key for lol from curse. Just curious if anyone is playing and if so let me know so I can add ya. I am also playing Heroes of Newerth some and it's a very fun game. If you like dota you'll love these.

mortlmike
Mortlmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27th October 2009, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Average - Post: 172

Hey yeah I am in the European beta (not sure why the EU instead of US but oh well). I go by the name of CECIL or CECILOFS though I'm only playing it here and there.

Looks like a cool game so far and will probably get it when it is officially released. Just hope "Free to play" means "Free to buy", but I doubt it.

How does LoL compare to Heroes of Newearth? Apparently they are both by the makers of DotA? Or am I confused?
CECILOFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1863

Bored

Both LoL and HoN are DotA clones. And both have members of the team that made the original DotA.

I personally prefer LoL over HoN, as the game doesn't seem to be as full of elitist jerks who enjoy nothing better than belittling team mates who are new to the game.

As for "Free to play" thats exactly what it is, they game is FREE. The only thing that'll cost money is new characters among other things
r8response is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Tired

well i he to admit i like hon a little better than lol, but I love the features of lol matchmaking summoner profile and all. I have to play lol a bit more before I decide completely.

I am mortlmike in game and my son is playing as jdood by the way.
Old 28th October 2009, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 301

Sleepy

LoL does require a game purchase from what I've seen cause I'm playing in the freebie beta thingy and i can't use the store to buy runes cause i don't have a game key to activate it...
If LoL has less elite jerks then I'm scared to see HoN cause LoL has tons of them,.

I play as Surik and I'm quite new to Dota style games, I like the game but I'm a total newb and get screamed at quiet alot... one guy was telling me i should just go kill myself and he hopes my mum gets cancer, i told him she already has it and then mentioned that I was in love with him to try get him to freak out cause honestly there is nothing you can do for someone like that... i then made sure to scuttle all his attemps to surrender the game and we played tot he gruesome end... but I did have fun despite that...
ketsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Sleepy

oh also I was wondering which character you'd recomend? I know I suck with annie, but I quite like treestia and ashe, I'd prefer more a big tough impossible to die type but I've yet to figure out which ones they are.
cooki (crazy old dude in a choper) is awesome fun but I'm not sure he's overly easy to play.
Old 28th October 2009, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Average - Post: 172

I had some epic nerd rage playing it the other night. If you are looking for one of the ones that doesn't die, then Tryndamere is for you. He has an ability that's description is "Tryndamere cannot die by any means for X seconds". He kept killing me in mere seconds while I could barely touch him - hence the nerd rage
CECILOFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 01:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Tired

kayle or allister are also super tanks. Kayles ult is a 5 second immunity to all damage.
Mortlmike
Old 30th October 2009, 09:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1863

Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketsum View Post
LoL does require a game purchase from what I've seen cause I'm playing in the freebie beta thingy and i can't use the store to buy runes cause i don't have a game key to activate it...
The runes have been deactivated completely until the game is released
r8response is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 02:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Sleepy

ok last night I had my first set of decent games... Nunu, Sarena (wind mage) and twitch the stealth crossbow rat. think it's also cause I switched my masteries to 3/3 magic resist and 3/3 armour. Oh and I found out about something called rod stacking... you try to get more then one rod of aegis cause it gives about 450 to hp and mp and 50 ap but then it scales up over 15 minutes to nearly double the original values... this is also NOT unique so you can have a couple of them... but m y first purchase now regardless of chaarcter is the HP/MP regen item that also has +5gold every 10 seconds... I mainly grabed this cause of the HP/MP regen and it only being a 1 slot item but the 5 gold does help too.
Add to this I started playing a little more defensively since I found out you get xp for just being on the same screen as a kill, it's only gold that requires a killing blow.

That tank guy Tryndamere is a nightmare for a newb... no mana at all his abilities are odd to say the least and the 2 that do have a cost use HP as the cost...

the wind mage was actully quiet good cause her make attack is a drop and run, you trigger it on a location a fair distance away it then sits on the ground you were standing on for 3 seconds charging before a tornado shoots off and does area damage and knocks everything up in the air. it can be trigggered early but I like to use it like a trap.. drop it and run cause although they can see it there building but can't tell which way it will go.
Next I'll be trying to find a massive AoE character like that bastard undead mage guy who runs about with a huge circle of damage around him...