Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th January 2010, 11:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25501

Amused
Default Multiplayer Assassin's Creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisoft Pres sRelease
“The 2010-11 fiscal year will see a greater number of franchise releases than fiscal year 2009-10, including Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction, a new game in the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon series, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, Driver, Raving Rabbids 4 and a new episode of Assassin’s Creed, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode.”
Multiplayer Assassin's Creed, hmmm.....

Source - Kotaku

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th January 2010, 02:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7440

Yeehaw

How is that supposed to work?

Unless it's co-op, stealth-em-up games make an odd choice for head to head multiplayer. It'd be like having a multiplayer batman game, seeing 20 Batmans would kinda ruin it for me.

Last edited by Drac; 19th January 2010 at 02:32 PM.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2151

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
How is that supposed to work?

Unless it's co-op, stealth-em-up games make an odd choice for head to head multiplayer. It'd be like having a multiplayer batman game, seeing 20 Batmans would kinda ruin it for me.
The minigame type bits in AC2 would work great for multiplayer, as would something in the style of The Hidden. Probably be races with a time trial system and leaderboards like Mirror's Edge has too.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 607

Relaxed

This is what I've longed for - a multi-player Assassin's Creed or Thief. And trust me it can work extremely well.

I used to play a game called Thievery UT - a mod for Unreal Tournament. It involved essentially a team of thieves thrown against a team of guards, the thieves' objective being stealing loot and the guards' objective being to preserve the loot.

What will be most intriguing about the game will be the way in which they implement the stealth aspects. That is, how you would "not recognise" Altair whilst he is blending in with crowds etc.

There has also been discussions about a Thief 4! All my christmas' coming at once it seems.

Intel C2D E8400 OC to 4.0 GHz | Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X | ASUS P5K-E WiFi | Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR3 2GB | SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer | Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570

Last edited by impulse; 20th January 2010 at 02:53 PM.
impulse is offline   Reply With Quote