Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th February 2010, 04:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Advisor
Guru - Post: 11700

Lurking
Default Mass Effect 2 new free downloadable content from Cerberus Network

Mass Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioware
Download the Firewalker pack and gain access to 5 new missions featuring the Hammerhead. The Hammerhead is a heavy assault vehicle that hovers over the battlefield at up to 120 kilometers per hour and features a guided missile system ensuring accuracy even during aggressive maneuvering. Coming late March, free to all Cerberus Network members!
Great news for those who wish to continue playing past the final game sequence.

“The Vulcan Neck Pinch is not half as powerful as the Vulcan Groin Kick, but it's more politically correct”
Vulcan21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th February 2010, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Average - Post: 127

I'm quite looking forward to this, but have to admit I really wish it had been it the game at launch, as I missed the Mako sections from ME1 a lot during my playthrough (especially with the ridiculous scanner minigame that replaced it).
Old 26th February 2010, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5240

Tired

I hated driving that shopping trolley around ...

A hovercraft sounds better (=
Jigoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25570

Amused

The old one kept reminding me of the APC from Aliens.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Deadly - Post: 1240

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiRed View Post
I'm quite looking forward to this, but have to admit I really wish it had been it the game at launch, as I missed the Mako sections from ME1 a lot during my playthrough (especially with the ridiculous scanner minigame that replaced it).
The scanner minigame is absolutely annoying, I'd rather have the mako back in an instant.

I like the new stuff that they're adding though, it's really popping this game up to one of my all time favorites.
Keddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2010, 02:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Advisor

Lurking

Agreed. The scanner min-game is boring and repetative. It's a good thing evrything else shines apart from that.

“The Vulcan Neck Pinch is not half as powerful as the Vulcan Groin Kick, but it's more politically correct”
Old 28th February 2010, 01:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 15

Cool

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. My copy copy of Mass Effect 1 still hasn't arrived in the mail.

Any thoughts on whether losing Miranda at the end of ME2 will be a large problem for ME3? Can I leave her dead or should I backtrack some saves and try to keep her alive?

By the way, I've become quite addicted to the Mining Mini-game of ME2. It seems like playing the slot machine in a way. Though I don't play slots in rl, nooo.
Salaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Advisor

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryn View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. My copy copy of Mass Effect 1 still hasn't arrived in the mail.

Any thoughts on whether losing Miranda at the end of ME2 will be a large problem for ME3? Can I leave her dead or should I backtrack some saves and try to keep her alive?

By the way, I've become quite addicted to the Mining Mini-game of ME2. It seems like playing the slot machine in a way. Though I don't play slots in rl, nooo.
I'm not sure what impact it may have on ME3, other than there being less eye candy walking around.
Some people have suggested that loyalty has a big impact of whether a team member lives or not during the last base mission, but I'm not so sure as I lost two very loyal members in the end fight as well as three others that just had normal loyalty.

I'm running through the game again to see if I get the same result.

Old 1st March 2010, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Average - Post: 127

I think loyalty matters in so far as it gets you upgrades for the ship. The last mission is more a matter of picking the right people for the jobs - if someone isn't loyal, I suspect they die in the crash when the part of the ship that didn't get their upgrade fails (but that's a guess).

Also, I doubt ME3 will be broken by specific characters dying in ME2. They've said that the only real problem is if Shepard dies at the end of the ME2, and that only means you can't load that savegame into ME3.
Old 1st March 2010, 10:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Advisor

Lurking

After finishing the game yesterday, I could say much more, but I don't want to spoil it for you.

I'm starting to play through again too, now that I have a better understanding of how everything works.