The original Test Drive Unlimited was, in it's day - simply awesome. For those who didn't get a chance or opportunity to try out the original, you missed out on a truly great example of a genre breaking successful experiment. It wasn't without its flaws of course, but they were few and far between. A truly brilliant game experience without peer.
And now we have TDU2 on it's way! Set on the Mediterranean island of Ibiza, giving you the hottest cars in the world, and over 2000 miles of open roads for you to thunder down.
TDU2 isn't a racing game, it's not a simulator - it's something else. It's very much a game focused on driving, and driving fast - but at the same time, it leaves it up to you, the gamer, to decide where, when and in what car. There are races - epic races that have no equal in any car/driving/racing games. But the broad appeal, and where the original game shone so very very brightly, was in it's open road cruising.
And one unexpected bonus for fans of the original (set in Hawaii) is the ability to jet off to the island of Oahu to continue cruising! So yep - not just one island, but two!
Home | Test Drive Unlimited 2 Official Website
UPDATE: Now available for pre-purchase via Steam!! And it's only $39.99USD
- so get in while it's cheap, as this will no doubt go full price closer to the release date!!
Info on the game, system requirements & Steam exclusive bonuses can be found here
- OS: Windows XP SP2, Vista SP2, 7
- Processor: Intel Core2Duo E8400 or AMD Phenom II X2 555 or better
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3850 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or better
- DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 3GB free
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
- Peripherals: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, Logitech Dual Action, Logitech Rumblepad 2
- Other Requirements: Internet connection required
Listed release date on Steam is currently January 2011 - but I'd not bank on that going unchanged.