Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th June 2010, 06:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 4

Default Napoleon Total war

Anyone else playing it looking for group or clan to run multiplayer online

Cant find anything on the forums but then thats nothing new for me

if there is one can someone link it pls

ty
phospherus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th June 2010, 10:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 806

I've been thinking about getting it. I have all the other Total Wars pre Empire. Is it much better than Medieval ? I would be interested in a TOG online play if I get the game.
Old 9th June 2010, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2851

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawprawn View Post
I've been thinking about getting it. I have all the other Total Wars pre Empire. Is it much better than Medieval ? I would be interested in a TOG online play if I get the game.
I've got both (In fact all except Shogan). Medival and Napoleon are the same formula in gameplay (But E:TW and N:TW both have Naval Battles). But that's where the simlarities end. The battle stratagies are totally different because of Artillary and Musket/Rifle regiments and the use of formations, also diplomacy is alot more involve with more options to make or break relations with other factions.
E:TW was a mess out of the box (and took about a year to get fixed), N:TW is very polished and I can say I've had to problems running it from day 1

If You Tolerate This, Then Your Children Will Be Next.
welshman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2010, 10:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

Napleon is pretty good, I do have the odd issue of it only using one core on the odd occasion but its an easy fix.

Plus I love arty!

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."

Last edited by King_Rocket; 9th June 2010 at 10:37 PM.
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 05:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 4

I have them all including shogun (sad but true love the last 2 especially Etw and Nappy love horse and musket. When playing online what location are people using? I have found London and LA the best for players (lagg issues in London but the La is ok ) biggest problem for multiplayer is steam (grrr) group you with your region ain't nobody home in Queensland I'm hopping for a tweak or too when they release The Peninsular Campaign.
I am really keen to do some online gaming the Waterloo and Ligny and Lody battles are awesome especially when playing other people. My steam account ( pathetic middleman, company many issues with them is Phoshperus

look forward to playing some battles then back home for some tea and meddles
phospherus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2010, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

As a relative newbie I still haven't ventured into multiplayer, I'm pretty sure I would get slaughtered.

Still my Steam ID is Steam Community :: ID :: TOG | King Rocket if any Total War freaks want to add me.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 06:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 84

Grumpy

My Steam ID is Bughunter Bob. I must admit the multiplayer game is rather fun, though the first time I played way back when the game decided to drop me like a hot plate. But despite that, it is amazingly involved in all aspects of diplomacy and so forth. I'd be happy to get back into multiplayer mode too.
GrumpyOldSod is offline   Reply With Quote