Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th July 2010, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
World of Warcraft
Deadly - Post: 2497

Default Disciples 3 - Worth buying?

I noticed Disciples III - Renaissance is now on steam, but I wonder if it's worth getting for $40 usd based on some of the mixed reviews that are around.

From those that have played it, how is it and how does it stack up compared to Disciples 2 and other similar games like Heroes of Might and Magic?
TheBigBad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20th July 2010, 06:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh

I'd like to know as well. The reviews make the game-play sound OK but I really like to have random maps. Haven't liked the previous campaigns much - too many stupid twists in the plot for me.
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2142

Cynical
Default Not Really A review But...

I downloaded it yesterday from Steam. It seems to play like Disciples II so far but I am not that far in. It looks really nice in 3D vs. the old 2D graphics..

Playable races are the Elven Alliance, Empire and the Damned..

I was a little disappointed not to see the Undead but there is always an expansion....
jonp200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 289

There is a real gap in turn based strats right now and I bought Disciples 3 as a stopgap between now and Elemental release.

Short review: Its ok.

The good: Many reviews are bagging on the graphic because of some glitches or dull maps. I disagree and think its a beautiful game. I enjoy the campaign and I think it will have just enough content to get me through until the strat I'm waiting for is released.

The bad: Its a bit grindy and repetitive. I don't have a huge problem with this but I know its a turn off for some. Also the voice acting is bad.

To sum up its not horrible but its not great. Did you like Disciples I or II? You'll probably like this

Rakshala is offline   Reply With Quote