Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th February 2011, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 606

Goofy
Thumbs up The triumphant return of YDKJ...

In case you and/or your PC/Mac lived under a rock during the 1990's, you missed one of the greatest irreverent trivia "gameshow's" ever created. You got screwed.

If, however, you know what Dis or Dat means, I commend you and point you to the following website (No, it's not a Flikerpiss Testgun):

You Don't Know Jack

That's right folks, the Jack Attack is back! And Cookie is hosting!

Available now (in NA, not sure about the rest of the world) for XBox 360, PS3, Wii, DS, & PC.

(....I love me some Jack....)

Old 8th March 2011, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

Damn that was a fun game. I don't suppose you ever answered 'f**k you' to one of the gibberish questions in the original? We were gape-mouthed amazed the first time we did.

Good times.
Old 15th March 2011, 06:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 606

Goofy

Let's put it this way..

I still occasionally load up one of the old versions and play for a month or two. I've tried all different kinds of combinations of responses to questions/player names. Jellyvision really did put some thinking into these games as to user's responses. I never liked the gibberish questions much, myself...and dropping in random stuff sometimes gets you a unique response. Cussing, while inputing your screen name or response to questions, will always get you a snappy reply from the host.

You do know that most of the YDKJ games have unique sound files for various days of the week and even times of the day? Just about every holiday on the US calendar, including ones like Good Friday & Arbor Day, have a unique response from the host. You can even set your system clock to something like 3 AM on a Friday and get a host kinda pissed that you woke him up just to play; he's trying to get his beauty rest!

I am kinda sad that the Nintendo Wii version of the latest incarnation of YDKJ does not have online DLC...poo. Still, an absolute blast to play and always good for several laughs.

These folks from Jellyvision are ingenious and I don't hesitate to give them my money.

Last edited by Bonkman; 15th March 2011 at 06:07 AM.
Bonkman is offline   Reply With Quote