The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/)
-   -   Dragon Age 2 Demo is out! (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/346891-dragon-age-2-demo-out.html)

Avoozl 23rd February 2011 09:43 AM

Dragon Age 2 Demo is out!

Hey guys,

Bioware finally released the demo for Dragon Age II earlier today. It'll be on the PC and both major consoles. I suggest downloading and trying the PC version unless you really want it on your 360 or PS3. :-)

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

That post should give you some decent download locations for the PC version. For the consoles you'll probably have to wait unless you have Xbox Live Gold.

Enjoy!

Purg 23rd February 2011 11:29 AM

1.9GB. Tried to download it from the official site early this morning (well, after my Shogun 2 download finished) and it was slooooow. Tried it again at 10am and was much faster.

Installing now. :D

Vulcan21 23rd February 2011 03:11 PM

Damn, I'll have to wait until tonight for both demos. :(

Avoozl 23rd February 2011 04:42 PM

Why's that?

Purg 23rd February 2011 05:35 PM

Not sure if I like the changes. The camera was unwieldy to begin with but I got used to it. My main gripe is that I couldn't zoom out far enough to see what was going on a lot of the time. The interface also wasn't as slick as the old one. I also like to see how much damage I inflict, wondering if this is a setting somewhere.

I did enjoy the small jaunt though, looks like a good story in there. They sold me, despite the concerns. Pre-ordered.

Bawheidbob 23rd February 2011 07:20 PM

The move towards the game being more action orientated concerns me as it did it Mass Effect 2 - It has been consoledified

Vulcan21 23rd February 2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avoozl (Post 3055744)
Why's that?

Oh...I was at work when I posted, that's all. ;)

Jigoku 23rd February 2011 07:59 PM

I liked it! It does have a much faster feel than the original and I did feel like I couldn't zoom out far enough, but the skills are there, the magic looks awesome, you can still pause and play it more strategically, quality voice acting and story ...

Maybe it was a setting I missed or just something for the demo, but no friendly fire on the magic?

Purg 24th February 2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigoku (Post 3056012)
Maybe it was a setting I missed or just something for the demo, but no friendly fire on the magic?

Didn't seem to be. I was getting pummeled by fireball splash from my mage with seemingly no effects. Hard to tell since there's no damage indication apart from a small bar.

Avoozl 24th February 2011 08:36 AM

The demo was hardcoded for 'normal'. So, that might be why. :)