Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th May 2011, 09:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Average - Post: 178

Relaxed
Default Diablo II : Item Stores?

After ages of playing the game legit, and having my ladder character reset hundreds of times, (as I wont play Non-Ladder) when the ladder is reset, I started thinking about all that chat spam and Item Stores they are floating about the internet. Apparently they are against the Terms of Service, but yet Blizzard apparently doesnt care that they exist, or you think they would shut them down, which brings me to my question, Has anyone used one before, and what are the odds that they are "Legit" enough to get away with buying a few items. I honestly only want to buy like 2 items, mainly to save a few weeks of trying to collect the stuff to obtain it. But to say the least, I just am wondering on everyone's view on "Items Sales", especially when the game is not a real PVP game.
Zeoinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th May 2011, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
World of Warcraft
Deadly - Post: 1749

I dont like being able to buy yourself 'uber' in multiplayer games but Diablo isnt exactly an mmo and it is rather hypocritical that Blizzard offers RMT in game like wow but forbids you from doing the same with any one else.
Cindax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Relaxed

yea, I can see how it would affect multiplayer, but a lot of gear in a game like Diablo doesn't exactly have a set drop area, or enemy. It makes hunting for what you need to succeed that much more annoying. And Blizzard is a bit of a jackass when it comes to RMT, espcially when they offer stuff for WoW via RMT....Now I suppose if they opened a Diablo II Item store, they would become rich though.
Old 10th May 2011, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 917

Mellow

Be carefull they have already banned tens of thousands accounts over that.
Plus there is also a very high risk of being scammed.
Don't forget your accounts have a real name and adress now not some made up alias like in the early days.

Last edited by Dragonhammer; 10th May 2011 at 06:06 PM.
Dragonhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 07:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Relaxed

yea, thats one reason why im questing before I do or do not, I wanna see if anyone had any success with them first lol