Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st May 2011, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1433

Happy
Default Fable III PC

Loved the Fable games and this one is pretty sweet too ... yea a few minors bugs but so happy to have PC enhanced version of this!

Anyone up for a business partnership or just want to roll around killing shit!

Add me: delushin (gamertag)

True to type organic, heirloom and open pollinated seeds, join the revolution against modified foods and enjoy the taste of home grown food.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
delushin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27th May 2011, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Founder
Guru - Post: 11116

Couldn't get into the Fable 2, tried the demo on 360 at the time. I found the game to be very juvenile, and although even as an adult I can enjoy a mainly aimed at youngsters movie like Shrek I found this to be extremely cheesy, hell I don't think I would have liked it as a teen.

I just like the adult narrative of something like The Witcher a lot more, a shame that Molyneux is making games for his kids rather then his own age group as clearly he does have talent and vision.
Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 03:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7437

Yeehaw

Molyneux has a special place for me even if his current games are a bit naff. He's a bit like George Lucas - he gave us a handful of absolute classics in his early days such as Populus, Syndicate, Magic carpet, Theme Park, Dungeon Keeper ect.

However, since he's been flying the Microsoft banner at Lionhead, his creativity seems to have flattened. All of his truly epic and creative ideas were hatched at Bullfrog.

He's an example I hold up for my game design students as to why striving for big-budget ideas limits you more than liberates you. He's been around long enough to have made a heap of well know and vastly different/creative games in the early days of video games where 6 months and a hand full of people was enough to push out a new game. Today your typical 360/PS3/PC multiplayer title has 40+ people and takes 2+ years to crank out so modern dev studios tend to play it much safer and mostly just try to repeat past winning formulas with a bit a new/novel stuff thrown in. The real creativity is now in the hands of the small indie teams because they're the only ones who can afford to risk it all on something truly crazy and creative.

Last edited by Drac; 27th May 2011 at 03:53 PM.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Happy

Oh yea Witcher is a lot higher on my rating list then Fable ... but I cant quite nail exactly what I like about the game ... Maybe its just the ease mode hack / slash without thinking, as in a title I can just zone out and click buttons on.

God I want the Witcher 2 so bad but I have already spent like $400 on games this month the other half would kill me if I spent anymore, I will have to wait till next month

True to type organic, heirloom and open pollinated seeds, join the revolution against modified foods and enjoy the taste of home grown food.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
Old 30th May 2011, 07:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4478

Cheerful

I realise I'm swimming against the tide, but I prefer Fable 3 to The Witcher 2. Maybe it's because I'm incredibly time-poor and Fable is far more accessible and linear. I'm not sure. I do know that I'm not exactly tempted to go back to the Witcher, while I've just started my second play through of Fable 3 and I'm determined to find all those damn gnomes and books.
rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1315

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I realise I'm swimming against the tide, but I prefer Fable 3 to The Witcher 2. Maybe it's because I'm incredibly time-poor and Fable is far more accessible and linear. I'm not sure. I do know that I'm not exactly tempted to go back to the Witcher, while I've just started my second play through of Fable 3 and I'm determined to find all those damn gnomes and books.
Interesting! I have played both and feel opposite lol. That is what is so great about this media. Everyone has completely different likes and opinions. I have definitely learned that I can't rely on popularity or reviews to decide what games to play.

Fable 3 is a good example. I read some reviews that just tore it apart. I thought it was worth playing.
Old 30th May 2011, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7152

Paranoid

I've toyed with getting Fable III but I think I'll have to wait a little while so I can forget Witcher 2. Finished it a few days ago and was absolutely epic. I fear if I picked up Fable III now I may unfairly compare it to Witcher 2 and not give it a chance.

Perhaps when it's a Steam special..
Purg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Happy

LOL

I had to kiss another dude (in-game) to open a demon door ... we married and he was rich!

Setup business around towns then I took him for EVERYTHING! ... MUHAHAHAHA

Now I am rich and currently making villages love me then squashing theirs heads to get my weapon buff. I have never played an evil character before, this is great!

HAHA and when I was in the process of kissing this dude his RL girl walks in I could hear her on the mic and she was like "WTF is going on here with this game" and he was like "BABE, we have to for the epic weapon behind the demon doors!"

OMFG ... LOL ... What other game has that ... I couldn't stop the LOL

Add me on gamer tag!

Del's advice: If you ever get caught with a guy by your girl, just tell her you have to do it for the epic weapon behind the demon door ... LOL

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Correspondent
Correspondent
Elite - Post: 4611

Breezy

Just finished downloading Fable 111.

I definetly want to try Witcher as well though.

I haven't played many RPGs so this should be interesting.
Although I have played many RPG/FPS like Stalker and the llike.

I have read very positive reviews about Witcher and Fable so looking forward to loading it up tonight.
Old 3rd June 2011, 01:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Happy

Nice work mate!

Another one I just recently got was Risen ... doesn't really hold up in the visual side of things but the gameplay for so reason is drawing me in.

Feel free to add me for Fable 3 if you want ... I am looking for more people to build my business empire up with!

Grow fresh, eat fresh!