Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th June 2011, 08:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 908

Goofy

Cool, am working the next few days so wont see you but after that will keep a look out.

yurick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th June 2011, 03:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 479

Twisted

I downloaded the beta this morning. About three hours later, I'm lvl four, and I'm hooked. Despite the change in the art, this is classic Age of Empires, all my old strategies carry over. I'm looking forward to cooperative play, and PvP.

Playing Neverwinter
Summerfel: Elven Cleric
Summeraria: Tiefling Control Wizard
daranthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 09:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 908

Goofy

Yes it is very similar in gameplay to the original AOE. Am at level 10 so far and am really enjoying the game.

Its nice how adding gear to your units changes thier appearance in game as well as the stats. So far I have found the gameplay fairly easy, however I havnt tried the Elite setting yet or PvP.

From what I have read on the Forums PvP has issues with Balance. Level 20 being matched up with others 10 levels above them which from all accounts makes things very one sided. Will have to try it out but if the PvP is not balanced well from the start it may end up very bad for the game.

yurick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 12:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1331

This sounds interesting.

I noticed that the beta link clearly states that it is only available before the 17th of June, but the download is still there.

Can anyone confirm that I CANNOT play this beta anymore? I would like to try it out.

Thanks.
Old 21st June 2011, 05:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 479

Twisted

A friend was able to download the client, but when he tried to start the game it asked for a product key, which it didn't do for me.

Playing Neverwinter
Summerfel: Elven Cleric
Summeraria: Tiefling Control Wizard
daranthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 05:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Average - Post: 161

Open the Marketplace application and nagivate to the Downloads section. You should be able to open the Age of Empires Online and click View Game Keys. This is the key can you can use.
Nikolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1331

I was able to play last night with no key! Downloaded and played, no problems.
Old 22nd June 2011, 01:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 9

Busy

Yeah, I just started it last night with no problems at all. I guess they decided to not close the beta after all.

I was hoping this game would be somewhat familiar, so far it is all Greek to me.
Ulthar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 03:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Administrator
MMO Division Admin
All Knowing - Post: 17433

The download link no longer works
Old 26th June 2011, 03:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Average - Post: 161

Default All Good Things Come To An End......

Quote:
All good things, eventually, come to an end. The time for us to shut the beta down and concentrate on release is very nearly upon us. As we gear up for release, we will be shutting the beta off. This is happening on Friday, July 1st.
We appreciate everyone’s support and dedication to helping us create the best game possible. We’re thankful to each and every beta tester that’s tried the game, sent in bug reports, helped other users with trouble shooting, let us know about holes they’ve found, and stuck with us.
From everyone one of us at Microsoft Studios and Gas Powered Games – Thank you very much. Over this transition period, we will still be here, listening and talking with you. In fact, we’ve just launched the beta version of the Online Manual,www.ageofempiresonline.com/empirehandbook, which we would love feedback on! There also will be opportunities for our beta testers to help us right before release. I can’t go into details right now, but I’d definitely suggest sticking around – we have a lot planned for July!
Thank you again!
The Age of Empires Online Team.
All Good Things Come To An End......
Nikolaf is offline   Reply With Quote