The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/)
-   -   RPG iphone games? (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/369931-rpg-iphone-games.html)

Willow 20th June 2011 09:55 PM

RPG iphone games?

Heya

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for a good iphone rpg app/game? Something sword and sorcery preferably.

Cheers

Markan 21st June 2011 12:44 AM

I rather like Battleheart; the mechanics should be familiar fare for any MMO player :)

Willow 21st June 2011 01:33 AM

Cheers,

Someone else mentioned this to me I'm sure, so must be worth a look.

ima poster 13th July 2011 07:08 AM

I've just finished Undercroft. Has just been released for free. Took me about 50 hours of gameplay. Bit simlar to Dungeon Master for Atari / Amiga. 4 person party. Mix of spells & slashing with my double handed axe. :-)

dday_0612 14th July 2011 01:37 PM

Not completely RPG, but Puzzle Quest 1 and 2 are fantastic. I play the crap out of them both.

Also not RPG really, but Infinity Blade is pretty amazing.

Chaos Rings is fantastic too.

Willow 16th July 2011 12:20 AM

Thanks for the new suggestions

FunkyJ 19th July 2011 11:32 AM

If you like Final Fantasy XIII then check out Eternal Legacy

And there's an MMO type game called Order & Chaos

And there's also Dungeon Hunter 2, which is kinda like Diablo.

Disclosure:
These are all Gameloft games and I work for Gameloft NZ...
but I'm just telling you about them, not telling you if they're good or not :p

Virtigo 27th July 2011 10:53 AM

Went through Zenonia which was kinda diablo-esque with a hilarious story. Besides that would Oregon trail count as an RPG?

FreakFire74 10th August 2011 07:22 AM

Id like to second Undercroft. I had a blast playing that. Also, if you are into old school Bards Tale-esque games you simply must check out The Quest. It is a HUGE game. Combined with all the expansions it offers an incredibly expansive fantasy world to explore, fight monsters and quest around. We are talking literally hundreds of hours worth of playing.

Also, be sure to check out Aralon. Its best described as the Iphone's Elder Scrolls game. Again, huge fantasy world with tons of content and quite pretty! Ravens Sword is it's spiritual successor. Its short and sweet but still fun.

Rimelands is interesting if you like experimental, turn-based gameplay (almost like the old hero quest boardgames) and Ash is a throwback to the Final Fantasy games (which are also available if you are into that). I'd recommend both.

Sacred Odyssey and Queens Crown are both action oriented. More like Zelda but with some (very) light RPG touches.

I'm not a big fan of Dungeon Hunter (1 or 2) but if you like Diablo chances are you will like them but Underworlds is a superiour game imho.

Good luck! :)