Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd February 2012, 06:24 PM   #141 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkman View Post
I just installed Steam Mobile on my smart phone, today.
Yeah I grabbed it a couple of days ago, handy for reminding myself I'm at work and can't game lol. More handy to chat though.

Old 4th February 2012, 01:42 AM   #142 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2969

Twisted

have just finsht the first 2 acts witch is all they have in beta and i must say its bloody hard they could do with more WP in act 2 there way to far apart IMO

the weps are good with there mods very happy with the set up

now when the setting up mercs to use lol

L1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2012, 03:23 PM   #143 (permalink)
Leevers

Lick the way points aren't far apart at all. Almost every part of the map has one, you just need to find them all.

I wish they would hurry up and add more acts in as it'd be great to continue
Old 4th February 2012, 06:19 PM   #144 (permalink)
Administrator
MMO Division Admin
All Knowing - Post: 17476

Please remember that this game is still in closed beta. While GGG are somewhat relaxed about what can be discussed in public, please hold off on comments on the actual game for the beta forums.
Old 4th February 2012, 09:08 PM   #145 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Twisted

@rickety i know its a closed beta but why can i not talk with owe follow tog members who play it and at that i dont understand why there is no TOG members only section ware we can talk openly with TOG members not a public forum thread thats what beta is for talking with other players who play betas and as i can see POE is open to playing with friends and it not like your not going to talk to friends when playing about the game so i come back to why is there not a TOG members only forum/DIV/thread for beta's to do this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevers View Post
Lick the way points aren't far apart at all. Almost every part of the map has one, you just need to find them all.

I wish they would hurry up and add more acts in as it'd be great to continue
i did find them all

Old 4th February 2012, 11:01 PM   #146 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4186

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1CK View Post
i did find them all
Die less?
Old 4th February 2012, 11:35 PM   #147 (permalink)
Administrator
MMO Division Admin

L1CK, simply put beta chat is for beta members only and as such is best done on the official beta forums. Regardless of there being a private section or not, TOG respects the intellectual property of developers and as such, the NDA of any beta for any company will be respected here.

With this said, as part of the beta invite PM, (yes, I'm in the beta also) the PM goes into details about what you can discuss. For the most part this is anything that has been released publicly but also about the game in general. For the most part, this has been pretty much what you guys have been discussing in this thread. The last few pages though have been getting to close to specific details about the game and this is specifically restricted. An example of specific details is the post you and Leevers made just prior to my own one regarding WP's.

If you are still not sure of what I mean, drop me a PM and I'll go into more detail.
Old 5th February 2012, 02:54 AM   #148 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Twisted

in that case then i shell not even tell my family about such matters if they grave some much power of my freedom of speech about such so small maters in life

mmm but do i see that diablo 3 is a closed beta as well but such tongue is not so tight over there maybe once more out of turn buy me and i shell take my thoughts to a new place my own toilet wall and see if it cares where the way points are

i might just head over to diablo 3 thread seems that you can post about in game thoughts there (yes, I'm in the beta also) dont play it though my pc dose not like it to much

Old 5th February 2012, 09:02 AM   #149 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3785

Buzzed

Honestly it's pretty common for closed betas to have NDA's; Path of Exile's is actually more lenient than most. While they can be annoying, and make organisation between beta testers difficult there's a pretty valid reason for them.

Of course you can talk freely to other testers also covered by the NDA, perhaps a group steam chat with others in the steam group you created might be a good way to do it?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish
Getafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 11:50 AM   #150 (permalink)
Administrator
MMO Division Admin

L1CK, I would suggest reading the agreement you sign up to when accepting beta invites. If you had you would have noticed that Diablo 3 has very little in terms of an NDA as spcifically stated here in the official beta forums and the beta can be discussed freely. This is why the actual Diablo 3 beta forums are completely open to the public for reading (only beta members can post).