The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/)
-   -   Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG in Closed Beta (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/384223-path-exile-f2p-action-rpg-closed-beta.html)

Rickety 11th August 2011 11:54 PM

Path of Exile

For those interested in Diablo esc style gaming, PoE is currently in beta testing. It's well worth a look and you can find their web site here.

Leevers 12th August 2011 12:18 AM

Looks fantastic Rickety! This might be what we've been looking for

dday_0612 12th August 2011 09:30 AM

This game looks custom made for me!!! I have been trying to find something similar to Diablo/Titan Quest for awhile now that isn't too cartooney or comedy based...

Any info on the beta?? I signed up for an account, is that all I need to do???

Get me a beta key someone!!! :)

Justin Kace 12th August 2011 11:27 AM

Intriguing!! What's up with all the freeness? Go the Kiwi gaming studios!!! :D

dday_0612 12th August 2011 05:31 PM

I have been sucked into reading the forums for hours on this game....

The things the beta testers are saying have me giddy. The skill system (gems) looks amazing and I hear that there is a very big passive skill tree that you will invest into also. It sounds like there will be tons of different ways to play your character.

I couldn't be more excited for a game like this, thanks Leevers for posting about it, I had no idea!! This game is custom made for me.

Leevers 14th August 2011 02:14 PM

Beta keys are given based on a random timer. Every 28 minutes it invites another person using some random system. Hopefully I can get one soon ;)

Warrender 6th September 2011 10:39 AM

Path of Exile - F2P Action RPG in Closed Beta

Path of Exile - A Free Online Action RPG

Path of Exile is a free online-only action role-playing game set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is currently under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand. New players are being added continuously to the Closed Beta Test.

Game Features:

Completely free to download and play
A persistent online world capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of players
A dark and gritty game world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
Battle dozens of foes across a variety of unique areas
Randomly generated levels and items for extreme replayability
Online ranking and ladders for every game mode
Visceral combat with dozens of combinable skills
Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition

dday_0612 6th September 2011 11:55 AM

I have been watching this game for awhile and trying to get into beta...no luck yet...

Anyone out there in beta and can send me a friend invite?? I am very excited for this little title.

Macro 10th September 2011 12:29 PM

Hmm, looks better than I expected. Plus it's being developed in NZ rather than Korea or China, that seems like a good sign.

Xas 13th September 2011 06:49 PM

I got lucky and got an invite. My first impressions review here. They aren't giving out extra keys to anyone in BETA (unless you win them) but if they do, I'll let you know.