Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st November 2011, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Average - Post: 164

Default Lord of the Rings: WiTN

Lord of the Rings: War in the North developed by Snowblind will be released Nov 1st to North America. One day left to enjoy the game. Who will be getting this Co-Op action RPG game?

A new video has been posted here:

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: Slay the Orcs! Part 4 of 4 [HD] - YouTube
Nikolaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd November 2011, 02:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Average - Post: 164

There is a free demo version of it available. You can try it now if anyone is interested.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North Instant Demo | OnLive Cloud Gaming
Nikolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 56

Cool

Got it, played it and finished it before diving into Skyrim. Nice warm up for Skyrim and it really gets you into LOTRs world. Played as a single player.
BigMik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 8

I actually tried this demo and was really more impressed than I expected. I will be looking to play though in co-op soon while I wait for Skyrim to get patched a bit more . Is anyone else playing it?
GBSOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Huw
Harmless - Post: 15

I plan to get this some time soon on the 360 for myself and my lady to play together. Dark Alliance by the same studio was just ridiculous fun on co-op so our expectations for WITN are high!
Huw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2011, 02:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Huw

Well, we ordered our 360 copy last night. I'll post impressions when it arrives and we have a session!
Old 9th December 2011, 08:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Cool

It's a good game and I finished it in 21 hours and it was really faithful to the LoTR's world. On Skyrim, I am 127 hours in and not even close to finishing the huge monster!!
Old 10th December 2011, 12:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaf View Post
Lord of the Rings: War in the North developed by Snowblind will be released Nov 1st to North America. One day left to enjoy the game. Who will be getting this Co-Op action RPG game?

A new video has been posted here:

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North: Slay the Orcs! Part 4 of 4 [HD] - YouTube
Geez might have to play this after all!
toroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 05:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Huw

I don't have time to post full impressions right now, but I have to say that the lady and I are very impressed! It kind of has the old Dark Alliance vibe even though the viewpoint is completely different. But lots of stuff to kill, lots of stuff to break, lots for the loot whores amongst us. Marvellous!

Only two minor gripes really: Firstly it's easy not to notice when a group of enemies approach you from behind, and secondly it's not always obvious when you have to just kill everyone you see, or when you have to achieve some objective. When it's the latter, we have spent ages just killing wave after wave before it clicks.
Old 19th December 2011, 07:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Cool

Will there be any DLCs for this game?