Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th November 2011, 05:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6657

Grumpy

Thanks for the link - Yet i am going to wait a few months before diving in.

Old 12th November 2011, 09:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilue View Post
From reviews I've read around the interwebs, Skyrim seems to have done something unprecedented, it's exceeded the pre-launch hype.
That's what I hear, I'm looking forward to finding that out myself if it's true or not. Installing right now!
Old 12th November 2011, 09:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1680

Cynical

I'm enjoying it immensely. I have - created potions, upgraded weapons, created new armour, cooked recipes, tanned skins from multiple animals (incl sabre toothed cats), cleaned out a vampires lair, blown a bandit off a tower roof, watched a fox that I scared be killed by a wolf which I then killed giving me 2 skins, watched a Fire Atronach and werewolf hunter go at it from the highest peak of a mountain which I reached by following a treasure map.....

And I've only played for a few hours and I'm only scratching the surface of what I've done.

Oh and killed dragon but I've enjoyed the rest of it more:]
recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 12:47 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon View Post
I'm enjoying it immensely. I have - created potions, upgraded weapons, created new armour, cooked recipes, tanned skins from multiple animals (incl sabre toothed cats), cleaned out a vampires lair, blown a bandit off a tower roof, watched a fox that I scared be killed by a wolf which I then killed giving me 2 skins, watched a Fire Atronach and werewolf hunter go at it from the highest peak of a mountain which I reached by following a treasure map.....

And I've only played for a few hours and I'm only scratching the surface of what I've done.

Oh and killed dragon but I've enjoyed the rest of it more:]
Awesome hehe!

I have to say, this game is pretty amazing. I've been doing mostly quests but I'm thinking about doing some dungeon diving for a bit. I finished the claw quest and that dungeon was excellent, there really is atmosphere to the dungeons.

How was the treasure hunting? Find anything good? What did the map drop off of?

So much to do, so little time...
Old 13th November 2011, 03:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaglavak View Post
I'm very excited, even more so after reading the review. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until January when I get my new PC before I can play it. My laptop would explode if I tried it. But on the plus side maybe the first initial bugs have been patched by then and the experience will be even more enjoyable. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Just for fun (I was also bored) I installed Skyrim on my laptop. And I can play it! I wouldn't have guessed that in a million years. I'm running on lowest settings, it still looks ok but since gameplay > graphics I would have played it even if it was pixelated to max.

The joy when I put Sparks in one hand and Flames in the other was indescribable. Dual-wielding magic will be my thing, no doubt.

The kids is at their mothers. And I'm single. And I'm not working tomorrow. Yey!
Old 13th November 2011, 03:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6657

Grumpy

Good news
Old 13th November 2011, 05:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7441

Yeehaw

Every little niggle about Oblivion has been fixed, polished and refined in Skyrim. Also, pretty much every popular community mod (yes all 200 odd of them) from Oblivion has been integrated into Skyrim. The visuals are seamless, the animations and voice acting are smooth, the details gritty and palpable. If you're a fan of epic fantasy tales then you'd be an idiot to let this one slip by.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2011, 06:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
Every little niggle about Oblivion has been fixed, polished and refined in Skyrim. Also, pretty much every popular community mod (yes all 200 odd of them) from Oblivion has been integrated into Skyrim. The visuals are seamless, the animations and voice acting are smooth, the details gritty and palpable. If you're a fan of epic fantasy tales then you'd be an idiot to let this one slip by.

QFT...

It's truly epic. Incredibly so. I had huge expectations and they have been well and truly exceeded. Aside from some of the obvious console port factors I am hard pressed to find a single flaw.

It's been a long time since I have enjoyed a game so much that I begrudge every toilet break, hygiene break, food prep break, ass massage break... And sleeping... What's that?
Old 21st November 2011, 07:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 56

Cool

Love the game and I have played may RPGs since my Apple IIe, it's damn cool to this old man.
BigMik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2011, 09:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

I agree, this game is amazing. The more I play, the more I realize how much more there is to do too!