Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11th November 2011, 02:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 583

Arrow Skyrim: IGN Review

Here's the review of Skyrim by IGN for those who haven't seen it yet.

I can't wait to get my hands on this game tomorrow! You guys excited too?!

Wootimus Maximus.

Old 11th November 2011, 04:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp Savage View Post
Here's the review of Skyrim by IGN for those who haven't seen it yet.

I can't wait to get my hands on this game tomorrow! You guys excited too?!

Wootimus Maximus.
I'm very excited, even more so after reading the review. Unfortunately I'll have to wait until January when I get my new PC before I can play it. My laptop would explode if I tried it. But on the plus side maybe the first initial bugs have been patched by then and the experience will be even more enjoyable. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Old 11th November 2011, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
World of Warcraft
Deadly - Post: 1742

Played it late into last night (picked it up yesterday after street break) and loved every minute of it. I'll be back on again today and I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll finish this one quickly.
Cindax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

Reported to be 300 hours of content in the main quest alone. That's not going to be over quickly for me, even with next week off work!!
Old 11th November 2011, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1680

Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindax View Post
Played it late into last night (picked it up yesterday after street break) and loved every minute of it. I'll be back on again today and I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll finish this one quickly.
How do you finish it? If you mean the main quest you are missing out on so much. I played Oblivion for days upon days and never finished the main quest or played with all the races or all the guilds etc
recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 583

I guess "finishing" would be optional because I read today that there are endless quests depending on your status/situation. Basically, you'll never run out of quests to do. There are also treasure maps/hunting.

I'm sure the main quest could be rushed through but from the reviews I've read, it's the content outside of the main quest line that really shines, they really focused on that during development.

I can hardly wait.
Old 11th November 2011, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
World of Warcraft
Deadly - Post: 1742

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon View Post
..played Oblivion for days upon days and never finished the main quest..
Thats my point, I think I will be playing Skyrim a lot from what I have seen so far and when I say finish, yes I am referring to the main quest line.. (which in my experience of the game counts for no more than around 10% of the game)
Cindax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Caretaker
Console Forum Manager
Ace - Post: 9054

Breezy

I played the previous game, every side quest posible, becomeing the leader of every guild, arena, hero. Left the main quest till last really. Had a ball.

Looking forward to it.
Old 11th November 2011, 03:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 495

Crappy

From reviews I've read around the interwebs, Skyrim seems to have done something unprecedented, it's exceeded the pre-launch hype.
Old 11th November 2011, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
BF Game Op
Elite - Post: 4389

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilue View Post
From reviews I've read around the interwebs, Skyrim seems to have done something unprecedented, it's exceeded the pre-launch hype.
Better than I expected so far. Found a couple of console port bugs and a couple of textures which look like crap. But mostly it's just "wow". Looks amazing, plays incredibly well, the crafting/fighting is great. Storyline so far is great. Just a super polished RPG by a company that knows what they are doing.

The world is kind of seamless and when I opened up the large mountain on the map I was a little bit awestruck. Really immersive.

It is probably game of the year.

Battlefield 4: Infantry Skill Thread | Vehicle Skill Thread | Battlefield Blog
Team Fortress 2: TOG | Niet
nietzsche is online now   Reply With Quote