Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th February 2012, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh
Default TOG multiplayer night: Battle of Wesnoth

Battle of Wesnoth 1.1 was launched this week so I downloaded it this morning. It is a free game that can be played across different platforms. It's been years since I've played multiplayer but I thought it would be really cool if we could get a TOG group to try it out.

You can download the game here:

Download - Wesnoth

Make sure you choose the version for your system (the top links are the source code so you most likely don't want these).

The games go for an hour or two from memory. Could be something a bit different and a bit of a laugh.

Put your name down on this thread if you might be interested and if we end up with a handful of players we'll organise a time. Let's also meet up on Mumble when/if we play.

Beginners more than welcome.

The game is completely free to download and play so there are no excuses there. It has regularly been hailed as the best of the open source turn based strategy games - so it isn't a bad game at all.

Last edited by Sp!at; 9th February 2012 at 09:14 PM.
Sp!at is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th February 2012, 10:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3916

Doh

ShadowRemixx and I just set-up a 4 player game where we played a passworded match against 2 AI players. We were a team on one side and the AI were a team on the other side. Was a lot of fun and lasted about an hour.

Having coms made it much better than silence - so being on Mumble would be highly recommended.
Old 19th February 2012, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dressy

I haven't played this for a while, so didn't know there was a new version. Thanks for pointing it out.