The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/)
-   -   Wasteland 2 (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/422617-wasteland-2-a.html)

Beer4ever 22nd March 2012 12:26 PM

Wasteland 2

Old timers will remember the grand dad of computer RPG, Wasteland.

And now Brian Fargo and team (same creator of Fallout 1&2, Baldur's Gate series and many other awesome games) is bring us Wasteland 2.

Check you these video and the Kickster site.

Wasteland 2 by inXile entertainment — Kickstarter

Wasteland 2 KickStarter Presentation by Brian Fargo - VOSTFR - YouTube

I have already pledged and hope they get more support.

Enjoy the apocalypse!!

BigMik1 28th March 2012 03:10 PM

I am pledging tomorrow!! Dang, I loved that game!!

King_Rocket 28th March 2012 03:18 PM

I pledged $100. Can't wait. :D

Leevers 28th March 2012 04:02 PM

I love his methodology and the way he's hoping to approach the production of the game although I am curious as to whether his confidence will carry over in to the overall production.

I have never heard of wasteland, but based on his attitude towards the fans and the community, I feel like if I didn't pledge that it'd quite hypocritical of me considering we all want the devs to listen to the fans.

Bawheidbob 28th March 2012 05:45 PM

I sadly sent all my spare cash to schafer a couple of days before this was announced - It is at times like this i wish i was rich and some people say there is nothing to spend money on!

Chief 31st March 2012 05:03 AM

Here's an interesting development

!!! Obsidian Joining Wasteland 2 – On One Condition… | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

if they can reach $2.1 million before it finishes, Obsidian is going to help develop it.

Drac 1st April 2012 03:18 PM

Really good to see these kind of revival projects on KS. Given the recent success stories it'll be interesting too see what else pops up. I want to see a new Tie Fighter but alas, doubt it'll ever happen with Luca$arts holding the IP - we're more likely to see a Lego re-hash of X-Wing or something.

Meteo 4th April 2012 10:31 PM

Looking forward to this indeed. Should be awesome and then some.

Bloodwrych 6th April 2012 04:52 PM

G'day,

Ive also pledged $100 for this a few days ago. The original was great for its time.

At this moment they are upto $2,058,499 with still another 11days to go.

Couple of other interesting gems in the rough on that site as well. ATM im offering some $$ for 9 different projects there...of which a 1/3 will probably end up getting enough to get up.

Regards,
B

Bezza 12th April 2012 08:08 AM

I still remember Wasteland and rate it as one of my most favorite games of all time.

I put in a pledge for this recently, I'm amazed (and delighted) about how much money they have raised already.

Bring on the blood sausages!

Rosebud..