Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st April 2012, 10:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 379

Relaxed
Default Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars

Im a huge fan of Mount and Blade Warband and I am still trying to work my way up into Mount and Blade - With Fire and Sword, however it looks like another one will be on the way this year.

Does anyone else play Mount and Blade at all?

Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars

AvatarICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23rd April 2012, 03:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 10

Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars should be an official version of the musket mod that have been overly popular in M&B community. I have tried the mod but it's not my thing. Don't think I'll be getting the official DLC. I suppose those who like the musket mod would love this.

I have been playing Mount & Blade: Warband since it came out - almost exquisitely in multiplayer. I love that game.

Bought M&B: With Fire and Sword a few days ago. I don't like it that much. The multiplayer maps seem to have rather plain and bland design. And since the setting is in 17th Century, there are muskets everywhere. Which removes the combat variety that M&B: Warband has. However, there's a new game mode where the players are commanding squads of AI controlled troops. The mode has versions for Team Deathmatch, Co-op (against waves of AI troops - invasion type of game mode), and Battle version, if I'm not mistaken. That a great addition but I believe it would have been better in Warband.
Ivarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 12:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Relaxed

The new mode is great, I tried napoleanic wars I like the fact you can crouch and use the musket to physically attack as well.
One of the best things I found was being able to make/edit maps I just figured outhow to host my own server.
Napoleanic wars do allow you to have 200 peoplest a time, which would be great for warband. Let me know if you up for a game, I play mostly warband on Tursday nights.
Old 26th April 2012, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7137

Paranoid

I picked it up this weekend because of the special.

Feeling my way around the campaign. Tried a siege map in Napoleonic wars but was probably at a disadvantage using rocks against firearms. I figure you need to level up your dude some how..?

The campaigns look interesting but they feel very samey regardless of where you decide to start off.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarICEMAN View Post
The new mode is great, I tried napoleanic wars I like the fact you can crouch and use the musket to physically attack as well.
One of the best things I found was being able to make/edit maps I just figured outhow to host my own server.
Napoleanic wars do allow you to have 200 peoplest a time, which would be great for warband. Let me know if you up for a game, I play mostly warband on Tursday nights.
Due to Napoleonic Wars is a DLC for M&B: Warband, Warband got an update to support the new technical features of Napoleonic Wars. That means the servers now support up to 200 people and the game has support for couching - at least in mods, not in Native. And some other tweaks, of course.
Ivarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2012, 12:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 12

Just got this tonight and stumbled about aimlessly in public servers not even knowing whom the enemy was. A lot of fun though and it would be great to play this in an organised way!
smithcorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Relaxed

Let me know who is keen to play - steam name is Avatar_ICEMAN
I started mucking around with some mods and one called FullInvasion and a game mode called Invasion. They have done such a good job.

We have started playing quite a bit more, so are keen for others who are keen to play.
Old 7th May 2012, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 56

Cool

Wish it was a single player option and I would consider re-installing M&B and buying it.
BigMik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2012, 01:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 33

I play both Warband and the Napoleonic Wars DLC from time to time, it would be great to team up with some other TOG folks.
Thorongil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 12:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorongil View Post
I play both Warband and the Napoleonic Wars DLC from time to time, it would be great to team up with some other TOG folks.
I play the same, let me know when your free for a game.