Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th April 2012, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired
Default Any other TOGgers play Die2Nite?

It's a rockin' little free (with pay options) web based zombie survival game, but really it's more about how 40 desperate people interact together when faced with the prospect of seriously limited life expectancy. Do you screw your neighbours over for another couple of days of life when you know you are going to end up just the same as them anyway?

Basic premise is you and 39 other players are crammed in this wee town trying to survive day to day against ever increasing zombie hordes. The zombies attack every night at midnight and if your town hasn't been able to upgrade it's defenses sufficiently the day before, it'll get over-run and people will die dependent on the number of zombies that get through.
Preparation involves going out into the wasteland to scavenge for crucial supplies, upgrading the town's defenses and amenities, rationing out the precious, precious water supplies... And dealing with each other...
There's a lot more nitty gritty detail to the game than that, but I don't want to spoil the new game experience for anyone who wants to pick it up.

It's a breeze to play, requiring about 15 - 30 minutes a day and I just find it amusing to do the best I can while watching the town's inevitable descent into despair and failure. At which point you start again in a new town with new people!

Check it out and if we already have some players let's set up a coalition, as I reckon a group of cooperative TOGgers could really do very well at this game! Personally it'd be a landmark for me if I could survive more than ten days.

Die2Nite.com: THE Zombie Survival Game!

Old 27th April 2012, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1328

Will check it out! Sounds fun!
Old 27th April 2012, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

Oh dday!! You're one of the best.
Old 28th April 2012, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1328

LOL, best at what? Hi Justin.