TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd May 2012, 05:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Default What would you think of a competitive TD game?

Hey,

We had the chance to partner up with an indie game developer to begin making a competitive tower defense game. Why are we here you might ask? Well we want to get involved with the communities and have them help us out by giving feedback on the game.
That being said what is this game that I am speaking of? Well let me tell you! The game is called Always Outnumbered, it is being designed from the start to cater to a competitive experience as well as have an engaging story for those that prefer to play alone. We have a lot of features planned to make this game awesome but here is a list of some of the major ones:
-There are waves of creeps that you must defend against like any other tower defense.
-We didn't want to rely on a score based competition so you have the ability to modify the creep wave being sent at your opponent
-We are making the upgrade system intuitive by using a 3 basic tower types that each can upgrade 3 different ways. (support,traps,attacking)
-The premise is that you have to choose between beefing up your defense or offense

To wrap this all up I will be doing my best to keep an eye on this thread to answer any questions. If you are curious about more look around for Always outnumbered game. We have a facebook and a website with more information. We even just launched a fun teaser trailer. So check it out.
GOmoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 23rd May 2012, 01:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Average - Post: 142

Lurking

Competative TD? What comes to mind is a game like Dota/LoL/HoN but with towers instead of heros.
I prefer co-op, so my view may be more biased:
- Playable on LAN
- AI as opponent (play with friends instead of against them)
- more players per side. 5 vs 5 can be fun, 10 vs 10 would be more fun (and probably more chaos)
Bling_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2012, 06:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

Well what we are going for is that you are building your defenses up like a normal TD would however now you have the added role of upgrading your offense as well. Since you are the one sending the waves at your opponent.

We are starting with 1v1 but are looking to add 2v2 as it has been in high demand from the communities.
GOmoon is offline   Reply With Quote