Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd November 2012, 07:25 PM   #261 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
The Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 4238

Cool

Quote:
Abductor roof visibility problems resolved
OH HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!

Thanks Zhul

"Just give me the coffee and no one gets hurt."
Monde is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2nd November 2012, 07:35 PM   #262 (permalink)
Dressy

Proceeding really well in my classic ironman mode. I have two Colonial's and the other two are majors. Finding (touch wood) that the going is much easier once your squad and equipment are upgraded. I also went in with a plan. I Consciously said to myself that I was only going to protect the countries on the left of the Sat screen, bugger the rest. So now I have almost all the left countries with sat's, the majority of them are at blue level. I lost all but two countries on the right, but they are also blue.
Old 4th November 2012, 04:58 AM   #263 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3213

Cheerful

I just restarted my 3rd game on Normal. The first time I had way too many countries in panic mode, so I started over. Then I was defeated in my second attempt. On my newest attempt I'm trying to get as many satellites up as possible.

Obzedat - Exile Stalker, Wildstar (NAOC)
Trimethicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 07:50 AM   #264 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1613

Amused

Come on patch! I'm waiting for it to start my next game...
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 12:34 PM   #265 (permalink)
Average - Post: 137

Amused

Well, I think I'm up to my 25th classic ironman game, most of which haven't made it past the first 2 months.

Had a couple of good runs up to about mutons/discs before getting slaughtered.

I found this research chart - http://i.imgur.com/7Cqxm.jpg

A couple of other hints/tips I've found helpful for the early game (or at least as far as I've found it:
  • Reseach alien materils before you recruit any new rookies - if you have, they all join you with two extra health.
  • Get Carapace armour as soon as you can - if nothing else it makes that first terror mission a bit easier.
  • Interrogate a sectoid as early as possible for the 50% research credit on beam weapons (mutons need more than those flimsy automatic weapons).
  • Don't be afraid to use grenades. Weapon fragmants are nice. Keeping troops alive to make the most of the next promotion is better.
begbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 10:39 AM   #266 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1613

Amused

New patch has been released... time to kill some Aliens again
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 11:11 AM   #267 (permalink)
Fox
Clown Administrator
Be Afraid of the Clown
All Knowing - Post: 18193

Breezy

Im doing quite well in ironman classic. Ive got all my countries after three months, good cash flow but im losing one or two soldiers per mission and that is making missions hard. Im unsure if this has me behind the curve or not at this point.

TOG Sponsor $5 a month
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 01:09 AM   #268 (permalink)
Fox
Clown Administrator
Be Afraid of the Clown
All Knowing - Post: 18193

Breezy

Can I take that back.

I have heaps of money and every facility anyone could dream for but I lost my crack squad so now I've got all rookies. I lost my rookie squad twice. That means I've lost my entire squad three times over now.

I'll persist but all I can do now is shoot down craft. I can't even take out a squad of thin men. I am researching titan armour so maybe I can build them up again.

TOG Sponsor $5 a month
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 06:33 AM   #269 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
Arma III Little Blue Man
Guru - Post: 12579 TOG Platinum Level Supporter

Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Can I take that back.

I have heaps of money and every facility anyone could dream for but I lost my crack squad so now I've got all rookies. I lost my rookie squad twice. That means I've lost my entire squad three times over now.

I'll persist but all I can do now is shoot down craft. I can't even take out a squad of thin men. I am researching titan armour so maybe I can build them up again.
Oops.
Old 11th November 2012, 08:41 AM   #270 (permalink)
Dressy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Can I take that back.

Have you payed for the rookies are automatically promoted in the officers HQ (whatever its called)?