The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/)
-   -   Anyone want to Co-op some Orcs Must Die 2 (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/449974-anyone-want-co-op-some-orcs-must-die-2-a.html)

AtomicWonder 16th August 2012 01:20 PM

Anyone want to Co-op some Orcs Must Die 2

I've 5-skulled all the maps except twisted halls on war mage difficulty. I cannot get that one and tried at least 20 times over the last couple weeks. I have a good layout where nothing gets through anymore, but I can't seem to finish the guys off under par. The closest I've come is about 16:45. So thought we could help each other complete maps and get the co-op achievements.

AtomicWonder 17th August 2012 08:47 AM

I finally got past the Twisted Halls today with a time of 16:09 with the Bro Mage!

I ended up combining a couple of different builds with this YouTube video providing final inspiration. Orcs Must Die! 2 - Sorceress - Solo 5 Skull (War Mage Difficulty) - 15 Twisted Halls

Used kill boxes traps right before the rifts at the bottom of the stairs on both sides as you will see in the video. But my kill boxes were tar, boom barrel dispensers, haymakers and a couple arrow walls. In each kill box I had two decoys. Until round 11 when I added two more for good measure.

At the top of stairs I built up to 4 archers with a decoy on each side by level 10 to protect from any escapees from the kill boxes and gnoll hunters.

For air support I always use decoys at the edge of the platform by the rift and start with two archers. They can take all air mobs until about round 6 or 7. And by round 9 or so I have 4 to 5 positioned behind the decoy and the rift that take out all fliers so I don't have to worry about them.

Now I just need to work on getting 50 rounds in endless and completing all the co-op achieves. My highest endless round so far is 44 on Crossfire.

Sloth101 18th August 2012 02:27 AM

I was actually thinking about picking this game up at the first of next month ... I agreed to a monthly gaming budget (silly of me) so I have to wait a bit to grab it.

I was wondering though how it played co-op, had a local friend that was interested but neither of us had time to look into this mode to make sure it came off right.

AtomicWonder 18th August 2012 05:24 AM

Been watching these guys to see how it plays out with two people. Even though there are more mobs, looks like its actually simpler with two.

Sloth101 22nd August 2012 12:39 PM

That looks interesting, probably will have to pick that up then. I do like the changes to the upgrade system considering how flat it was last time.

rawprawn 23rd August 2012 11:02 AM

I played a co op last night for the first time. Very enjoyable.

Hallowgamer 2nd September 2012 08:07 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about this game. I play League of Legends and Torchlight 2 mostly. Where can I pick up a copy of the game? Who is the developer?? Anyway, I'm very interested in trying it out. Someone hit me up!