The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/)
-   -   Star Citizen, it's a space sim!!! (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/rpg-simulation-strategy-others/466452-star-citizen-its-space-sim.html)

KosPilot 17th November 2012 11:57 PM

Star Citizen, it's a space sim!!!

Hi all, I want to share with you something that is shaping up to be a great space sim for PC. Yes I wrote PC. Not console, but PC with all the bells and whistles and input/output devices.
The man behind it is the legendary Chris Roberts. He was the man behind Wing Commander and Freelancer!
If you're a space-nut then you MUST check it out.
Note that if you want to join the alpha and beta test, you'll need to be quick about it and join the kick-starter.

Roberts Space Industries
Angry Joe Star Citizen Pledge! - YouTube
Star Citizen by Cloud Imperium Games Corporation — Kickstarter

KosPilot 18th November 2012 01:53 PM

Supported!
Call me... =TOG= Col. KosPilot, Anvil Aerospace Hornet Pilot :D

astrospud 18th November 2012 03:40 PM

Good job Kos! I'll be n that one :)

Boci 19th November 2012 12:11 AM

I backed it when he first announced the crowdsource...who wants to ride in my Constellation?

Only downside...is now I want to play a space sim...today. Trying to decide if I will finally play X3 Terran Conflict, I bought it forever ago and have never started it :P

KosPilot 19th November 2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boci (Post 3708858)
I backed it when he first announced the crowdsource...who wants to ride in my Constellation?

Only downside...is now I want to play a space sim...today. Trying to decide if I will finally play X3 Terran Conflict, I bought it forever ago and have never started it :P

U wild dude ;) Maybe I may land my little Hornet there?
The X universe... I would love to go there again but after a break from it I just knew that with all the customized user scripting, it would take ages to get up to speed.
Then the DCS:BlackShark came and eat me :D

Asmodai 19th November 2012 04:46 PM

I love X3 (and am looking forward to the next X) but it's always been a relationship tainted by the min/maxing and micromanagement (even with scripting).

Bought the freelancer (was considering pirate but there are no details on the cutlass and I prefer a freighter/explorer). Don't think I could bring myself to sink another 250 on a game after buying life for TSW (and that worked out great...)

Looks like they might top 5.5mil which would add the begal carrier as a playable ship... /gasm

FiraB 19th November 2012 06:44 PM

11 Hours Left.

Chances of Begal Carrier = High.

Heck we may even get close to 6mil if it keeps going at the current pace.

KosPilot 19th November 2012 07:45 PM

OOOOH...! Fingers x-ed for that carrier.
Venus orbital HQ; TOG Bengal Carrier :eek:

Bawheidbob 20th November 2012 07:41 AM

Looks like it hit the 6 millions - sadly i did not have enough spare cash to back this one but i will be hopefully looking to get the game when it comes out.

Dolnor 20th November 2012 09:12 AM

After a 24 hour marathon Live Cast, the Devs fund raising event finished with over $6.22 million USD pledged! I was watching for 15 of those 24 hours and helped fund the project! -)

TQQdles™