Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th January 2013, 12:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7440

Yeehaw

Yep, the funding curve for kick starter is pretty much identical for every project, it always stars and ends strong. Look at any other project and the curve will be similar:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/146...ite-dangerous/
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/667...ine-adventure/
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/sub...the-overworld/
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/22cans/project-godus/

Last edited by Drac; 5th January 2013 at 12:46 AM.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5th January 2013, 10:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1636

Amused

Ah cool! Thanks for the links

One hour to go and its up to 1,562,694.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 10:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1332

Paranoid

Hope this gets going, I spent probably 7 years on and off playing Elite on the C64, only ever made Deadly.
paradroid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 11:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1636

Amused

Funded!

Final amount: 1,578,316
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 07:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 789

Inspired

Which means we are going from 15 to 25 playable ships!!
I think it was rather surprising how it picked up at the end of the fund raiser but I see now that kind of market behavior is 'normal'.

"There is no more problem if the problem is me" - Byob: One Way Road
WIN7 Pro x64, ASUS Extreme V Formula, i3770K OC 4.4GHz, EVGA GTX690, XSPC Liquid Cooling, 1x Samsung 305T + 2x Samsung 204B 4960x1600, CH Products HOTAS, TrackIR4.
KosPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 05:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 59

Chatty

Just wanted to drop by and say I'm in.

I pledged as soon as I heard about the kick-start program to fund Elite Dangerous, which was when it was at the 400k mark. It was an anxious few days towards the end, watching and hoping that it would reach the kick-start mark.

I'll be in the Beta when it starts, so we should all hook up and form a Squadron or whatever they will be called.
Old 7th February 2014, 12:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Average - Post: 243

Default re.

Found this thread and a bit of a shameless bump for it on my part. I have backed and been following Elite Dangerous since the rumours many, many moons ago. Like a fair few who have posted in this thread I played the original Elite on the BBC Micro back in the mid eighties, moved onto Elite II - Frontier on the Amiga 500 and dipped my toe into Elite FFE.

For those still interested, or those that missed it completely, Elite is funded and is currently on its Alpha 2.0 phase, which is multiplayer combat arenas. David Braben and the team at Frontier Developments are looking to release the game in the final quarter of 2014.

The official site is located here :-Elite: Dangerous - Become Legend

I for one, am very excited and looking forward to this game, so many memories, nostalgic feelings and all that. I would sincerely love to be able to explore the universe upon release as part of a TOG guild/alliance - here's hoping!

Theo

Theo, (Cmdo DPS), Thaera, (Scoundrel heals), Thouden, (Shadow tank), Thisus, (Guardian tank).

Gaius'baltar, (Sorc heals), Louissa, (Sniper DPS), Viragor, (Juggernaut tank), Xaol, (Mecenary heals).
Theodrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2014, 01:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
World of Warcraft
Deadly - Post: 2364

Relaxed

Same here. And the alpha has been good fun so far. I haven't tried the 2.0 multiplayer yet, but have had plenty of fun honing my skills at combat in the Incursion mission of the previous alpha version.

I'm glad to see the control be more like the original Elite than like Frontier or FFE.

S

Xbox Live: Sysmon Elite: Dangerous: CMDR Teller Bascule
The chances of a random object being a scone are about 1 in 6
Sysmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 09:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 13

Fine

The memories of 1986 come back to me. I've been watching the videos and can't wat for full release. It looks sweet.
aaarghhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2014, 12:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 789

Inspired

Man, it's good! -Have had the Elite Dangerous screenshots sitting as my desktop background for more than a year now. Is that dedication? I don't know.
My only worry is that I will have to decide between two great games; Elite and Star Citizen. I'd hate to miss out on any of it! Good thing Elite may be released before Star Citizen. To me, Elite: Frontier II had more appeal than Starlancer or any of that crowd, because of the freedom of the open world.
Space PvP will be a bit scary, but all the more important to stick together!

"There is no more problem if the problem is me" - Byob: One Way Road
WIN7 Pro x64, ASUS Extreme V Formula, i3770K OC 4.4GHz, EVGA GTX690, XSPC Liquid Cooling, 1x Samsung 305T + 2x Samsung 204B 4960x1600, CH Products HOTAS, TrackIR4.
KosPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
braben, elite, frontier, space