Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st January 2013, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2201

Default World of Warplanes Beta Keys (2 available)

Folks,

I have two beta keys available for World of Warplanes.

If you feel like giving it a try, send me a PM and I'll fwd them on. Only one per person and you must be a full TOG member.

Once was known as Stuman
Medieval is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11th January 2013, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2201

All gone

And as to a couple of questions, I found the game quite playable but definitely needs a joystick (though I did manage to win some games with the keyboard).

Once was known as Stuman
Medieval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 04:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 99

I agree on the need for a joystick... However the game looks and feels great so far.... do we have a division for this one??
Old 14th January 2013, 10:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Elite - Post: 4496

The game is still beta, so no division will be created until it is ready to be released.
However you will find that there is a large overlap with the existing World of Tanks playerbase and a number of us have had beta access for quite a while.
You can find us in the World of Tanks division forums, but you won't find much information other then an acknowledgement we are in the Beta due to the NDA we are under.

The developer plans aim to have all their 'World' titles tied together. (World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, World of Warships). Things like Gold (their real money currency), Silver (their ingame currency), and Free XP (ingame leveling currency) all aimed to be shared betwen the titles. It will be tied to your account not to the specific game. They are also working on ideas to tie the Clan Wars components together. A clan that owns the airspace for an area in WoWP will will likely see benifits to the battles fought on the ground for the same area in WoT.

Due to the large synergy expected between the games, it is likely that having a Division for each game would not be the best option. I suspect a single large Division for the francise and seperate Clans and Clan leaders for each title underneath.
I am sure we need to have a bit of management discusion around the approach closer to the release date. It will largely depend on how well Wargaming achieves the intergration planned.

Marvel Heroes - TOGBlackIce
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2308 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Tired

Best name for a game in a month of Sundays!!!
simontoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2013, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Division Captain
The Elder Scrolls Online
Deadly - Post: 2460

Hot

A friend of mine is playing this in beta right now too, He is looking forward to world of warships more.

Last edited by Thymos; 14th January 2013 at 05:06 PM.
Thymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2013, 05:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 4

Default WoWP Key

If anyone happens to have a spare beta key for this kicking around would love to try it out. Applied to the WoWP site for entrance quite a few months ago and still have not heard anything back. Thanks in advance.
darktwolf is offline   Reply With Quote