Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 21

Is there a way to make custom channels? I have a bunch of Growth cards and I'd love to get trading for equal trades so I can fill out some Energy dual color decks.

Old 22nd June 2013, 11:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1111

Fine

Yes, just join room tog.
Warrender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 06:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 778

Cynical

This is the last thing I would have expected to play but I watched TB doing a vid on it and thought "Hmmm..." then I watched some vids then I bought it! Really quite hooked and even done some trading using the prices on Scrolls Trading Bulletin - Home
This tracks the chat and aggregates the price so you can work out what to sell your cards for.
I am just buying 10 packs and selling the rares and uncommons. even some lower cards are worth a bit of gold.
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 21

I joined room TOG today but it was empty.
Old 23rd June 2013, 08:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Fine

Yeah, I was idling in there for a while yesterday but it was empty the whole time as well.
Old 26th June 2013, 04:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1388

Daring

I've checked scrolls' webpage but as usual they are not very detailed about what you get for your money.
Quote:
Scrolls is now officially in Open Beta, and you are invited to take part! By picking up Scrolls early, for the discounted rate of 13/15/$20, you will get all current and future updates for free! There was another Mojang game that took this approach quite successfully...
That other Mojang game being Minecraft, which I am not familiar with.

A card battle game mixed with a strategy one is of interest for me. But what can I expect to have to pay for it?
15 is ok, even cheap, for me. But.... will I have to spend more money to buy cards? That is quite a no for me. Even worse if there is a Magic the Gathering-like system where you have to buy booster packs with slim chances to get the rare card you need. Not going to get into that money-sink ever again.
I would not mind paying 40 for the game if it enables me to play it as much as I want for as long as I wish in a fair playing ground. Even a monthly fee might be acceptable.
LuthienCeleste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 05:08 AM   #17 (permalink)

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuthienCeleste View Post
I've checked scrolls' webpage but as usual they are not very detailed about what you get for your money.
That other Mojang game being Minecraft, which I am not familiar with.

A card battle game mixed with a strategy one is of interest for me. But what can I expect to have to pay for it?
€15 is ok, even cheap, for me. But.... will I have to spend more money to buy cards? That is quite a no for me. Even worse if there is a Magic the Gathering-like system where you have to buy booster packs with slim chances to get the rare card you need. Not going to get into that money-sink ever again.
I would not mind paying €40 for the game if it enables me to play it as much as I want for as long as I wish in a fair playing ground. Even a monthly fee might be acceptable.
It's completely the opposite of what you are afraid it is.

Money will not buy much in this game after the initial purchase. You can buy the other starter decks, and a limited weekly rotation of cards and you are restricted to only 1 of each. Not going to be Mr. Suitcase that way.

Cards are bought in this game by the ingame gold which is only earned by playing. You earn the most in ranked play but you can even earn gold vs. the AI or challenging your friends up to 5 times a day. As for booster pack randomness, you can skip that by just trading with other players for the exact card you want.
Old 26th June 2013, 09:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 778

Cynical

I have spent nothing as you win gold for playing trials against AI and playing other ppl. I buy random scroll packs then sell the cards I don't need in the trading channels. Then as Warrender said, you just get the cards you want to build your specific deck.

Trading is fast and easy and there are numerous sites you can see prices for cards to give you a rough price guide. Nobody is greedy as cards are fairly easy to get and every Random pack has a set number of common, uncommon and rare cards.

I even have been given a lot of cards free by people I played as I told them I was new to it all So far, nice community!
Old 26th June 2013, 07:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dream Catcher
Elite - Post: 3651 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Pensive

I'll join up to the TOG channel next time I'm on and see who's about.

It is a nice community and people are still feeling their way. The current meta seems to be towards mono-growth or dual growth and something else decks, but apparently there's a bit of a balance coming.

I've almost got an Order deck which is playable and putting a toe into ranked matches, (2-0 so far, so yay) After that I'm looking at building a dual Order/Growth deck.

Be good to chat with some other TOGers. There is also a place on Scrolls Fans Forums - Scrolls Fans where you can post up details about guilds.

Might be worth posting something up there to see how much interest there might be in a guild? If we get enough numbers we can request a Scrolls sub-forum or division - even a separate thread for trading cards might be useful.

Willow Ravenwolf, Fyanna; GW2 (Yak's Bend) [Willow Ravenstar; Guild Wars and Star Trek Online]

Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 08:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1388

Daring

I got Scrolls and indeed is a fun game and the cards come by themselves as you play matches.

Got bored of easy trials as they are too easy. Medium are not too hard, beat all save for last one "Quickie". Hard trials are nasty, only beat 3 so far.

Maybe we could meet some night and have a match Willow.
LuthienCeleste is offline   Reply With Quote