Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st July 2013, 08:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 294

Lurking
Default State of Decay

Not sure if right area....

But rejoice! state of decay got approved for a R18+ 2 weeks or so ago and now its confirmed, July 26 5pm west/7pm east we can buy it.

For those who dont know State of decay is an open world zombie survival.
Its all about scavenging supplies, building your base and just trying to survive in a very hostile enviroment
Its for xbox 360 with plans of PC out before 2014 however my guess that would be late december
Head over to the official site http://undeadlabs.com/about-state-of-decay/

For a lets play i head over to alchestbreach who gives out a decent look at it.

LavaCaverns is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st July 2013, 08:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2858 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Ah good. Like the look of what I've seen of that.
Rick Fortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 03:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Lurking

OUT NOW

DL for 1600 MS points 1.81gig
Old 22nd September 2013, 12:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Division Captain
Battlefield
Elite - Post: 2999 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Yeehaw

This has been released on Steam for PC. Has anybody played? Impressions?

"Adeo Vita. Adeo Starjack."
Starjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2013, 02:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1492

Happy

I was considering to buy it on Steam, is it like a single player DayZ?

True to type organic, heirloom and open pollinated seeds, join the revolution against modified foods and enjoy the taste of home grown food.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
delushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2013, 07:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Lurking

Copy + Paste from steam
What the developers say:
“Greetings, PC players! This is the Early Access version (controller only, for now) of the record-breaking zombie-survival game State of Decay. Those willing to throw in with us at Undead Labs and your fellow early adopters will automatically get the final Steam version, completely free, with no need to restart, when we officially launch later this year.

What you'll get if you choose to join forces with us to make the PC version kick ass is an unfinished CONTROLLER ONLY test version of the game. It's not ready to be reviewed. It will not be perfect. It may still have crashes. It won't have a keyboard and mouse interface...not at first. Over the next however-many-weeks, we will be putting up versions of the PC interface and using your comments and feedback to make it awesome.

This process is not for everyone. Casual players, the easily frustrated, and the short-of-time should NOT get this Early Access version. Hey, some of us are all three of those things. It's not a criticism. It's just that we want everyone to have the experience that best suits their needs. You all deserve the best, so if you're not into giving feedback, just wait a few months and play the final version after we make it great.

And it will be great, with the help of the rest of you - the hardcore early adopters that made this summer's State of Decay release on Xbox into something huge.

*** This initial Early Access version of the game REQUIRES a wired Xbox 360 controller or wireless Xbox 360 controller with PC adapter (or compatible 3rd party controller). ***”

So basically a beta version for the main game, expect bugs, errors etc.
Can Buy now or wait really up to you.
Me? im buying a controller asap
Old 23rd September 2013, 02:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Average - Post: 141

Breezy

Picked it up as soon as it came out. Runs pretty smoothly on my PC. The only issue I had was with the PS3 controller. Once the controller was set to emulate the xbox controller has no issues with moving and interacting with the environment.

I was pretty impressed with the game play and only noticed a little graphic tearing, mostly when I was close to rocks or boulders.

Only played 45 mins or so though....Damn GTA V!
Old 18th December 2013, 11:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

I recently played the free demo on Xbox 360 and immediately bought it. Such a great game : )
OneBigApe is offline   Reply With Quote