Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others

RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others Public discussion forum for Strategy and Other games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th February 2014, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 3485 TOG Bronze Level Supporter

Relaxed
Thumbs up Windborne - Hidden Path Entertainment ( Early Access )

Save 20% on Windborne on Steam

Link to Steam store page. Just wanted to bring this to the community's attention. Yes at it's heart it is a "Minecraft" clone, but it is prettier and has some nice additions to the genre. I would say maybe a halfway house between Minecraft and EQnext Landmark, although I have not yet tried EQNL, just read about it.

Anyway the reason for the post is more to do with the fact that after I had bought the game on Steam I couldnt get the launcher to work and posted on the Steam forums asking if anyone else had come across the issue and I got a response from a developer within an hour who then proceeded to work with me over email until he had solved my problem and then after we fixed the issue he offered me their "members"upgrade for free!

It is an early access game so has all the connotations that comes with it, but I wanted to give credit where credit is due and promote this game within our community as i feel they deserve support.

Anyway, check it out and see what you guys think.

Hidden Path Entertainment

Home website link included.
Rourke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11th March 2014, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 632

Sleepy

These guys are also responsible for Counterstrike Global Offensive and Defense Grid

Very good looking game with unique creatures and blocks. I'm enjoying both the crafting aspects and the questing aspects too.