Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range > Rust (Public)

Rust (Public) Do you trust your neighbour?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th January 2014, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 93

Cheeky
Default Server Restart

I don't know how everybody else feels about this, but i think a server reset would be good and i also know that tog want to split into factions cause of the number of people we have.....but the sooner the better. Ill be going solo. Afresh start would benefit the server population

Also the use of C4, it should be turned back on now that most people know how to play.

Last edited by ShamRein; 19th January 2014 at 04:05 PM.
ShamRein is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th January 2014, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Average - Post: 130

Tired

I personally think a "Tribes" like system would be great. Would be able to move away from the crowded TOG Town, into smaller groups. This I think would benefit the server from the lag caused by our monstrous(but beautifully constructed) city scape.

The Tribes could both have one of the admins each, allowing for no special treatment(no ghosting around to scout out the other tribes base and supplies) and to make sure all order is kept amongst the tribes.

With that note... Shotgun being in Melkers tribe if this happens. Mainly as I know where he will want to set up camp. haha

Also, with C4. if we are going to have the tribe system, it could be interesting to have C4 enabled or at least have airdrops increased to prosper content activity amongst the tribes raiding against each other.
Merv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Wildstar
Deadly - Post: 2010

Bored

Problem with those sorts of idea, is all the exceptional players will gravitate towards each other and will end up dominating.

Make it a Free-For-All server. No more big clumps of people (TOG included) grouping up and making the server become stale.
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1225

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8response View Post
Problem with those sorts of idea, is all the exceptional players will gravitate towards each other and will end up dominating.

Make it a Free-For-All server. No more big clumps of people (TOG included) grouping up and making the server become stale.
I do like this idea. Just group up with some friends and play like everyone else.
Old 19th January 2014, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 93

Cheeky

Yeah ill be going sort of solo, maybe 2 other peeps if there in my area...but c4 should be turned on straight away none of this holding back crap, other wise peoples bases will get to what they are now, and you will need 20 c4 just to get to 1 box....... if you do well to get a metal base at some point in the game your doing very well..

Oh and a reset should be at a time when msotly everyboy is on so it gives everybody a chance.

Last edited by ShamRein; 19th January 2014 at 05:32 PM.
ShamRein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Wildstar
Deadly - Post: 2010

Bored

Might seem strange for a TOG server, but removing the TOG tags might be a good idea as well!
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Goofy

No C4 was dealt with like it is because its too easy with C4. I prefer how it is.

Every night you would go to sleep, then the next day you would wake up and all your efforts from the previous day is gone or ruined.

Grenades are fine for breaking in.
Old 19th January 2014, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 106

Buzzed

Yer i stopped playing on the TOG server cant handle the TS at peak time just cant talk . I like to have a chat as i play so just playing with 2-3 other TOG,s on anther 1 .
Old 19th January 2014, 09:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiuz7 View Post
Yer i stopped playing on the TOG server cant handle the TS at peak time just cant talk . I like to have a chat as i play so just playing with 2-3 other TOG,s on anther 1 .
Ya Antor and I always drop from the main group, just gets to noisy in the TS chat with everyone.

But we play on the same server, and occasionally on we are on the TS with all.

As for C4 it is the reason we also stopped playing, till Harrowed told us C4 crafting had been disabled, I reckon if it gets turned back on we will once again depart.
Old 19th January 2014, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 38

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadzy View Post
No C4 was dealt with like it is because its too easy with C4. I prefer how it is.

Every night you would go to sleep, then the next day you would wake up and all your efforts from the previous day is gone or ruined.

Grenades are fine for breaking in.
+1
meth0d is offline   Reply With Quote