Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd October 2007, 07:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4974

Lurking

I haven't been able to get this to load on my E6700 something funny with the Ageia PhysX software goes to load up and then drops me back to desktop ?????? when installing the game.
Bloody demo run fine

Old 22nd October 2007, 09:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
I haven't been able to get this to load on my E6700 something funny with the Ageia PhysX software goes to load up and then drops me back to desktop ?????? when installing the game.
Bloody demo run fine
This should be the fix for your problem. Got it from EA Forums: The MOHA TECHNICAL ISSUES & FIXES ...

Problem: My Install rolls back at the Ageia Physics Driver stage
Solution: Your driver may be more up to date than what Airborne is trying to install. Try rolling back one version and the install should complete.
Old 22nd October 2007, 11:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Lurking

Thank you very much for that I'll give that a try .
Old 23rd October 2007, 08:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12265

I had that same issue mate, and for me, I uninstalled the Ageia drivers and it worked fine. Just shits me that we need the drivers anyway. Who's got a bloody physics card??

I even looked on the EA site for help, but couldn't find that solution. Just blind luck really.
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 12:10 AM   #25 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Lurking

I think it has happen from installing UT3 demo which has the more recent / newest Ageia drivers.
Old 24th October 2007, 07:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12265

Mine was from the GRAW2 demo.
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 10:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Lurking

Both of these mush have had a more updated version
Old 26th October 2007, 02:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 828

Default v1.2 soon

As quoted from EA community manager, BlackHat.

Quote:
I wanted to update you all regarding updates to Airborne. Ive been working with several people on the team, as you know, to go through your various concerns. Im happy to say were really close to releasing another patch.

Weve been working with a few select GSPs on an update to the dedicated server offering that is much friendlier to set up and run. The community and GSP feedback weve received has been extremely helpful, and the constructive conversations weve had with many of you have proven very valuable. The updates are completed, but to make sure things are ready to go, we ll be doing a small beta of the new package with those GSPs this weekend.

On Monday, Ill be releasing a list of what changes will be in the Dedicated Server update, and Ill be giving you more information on the release date. If the beta testing goes well, well release the files early next week. However, if any new bugs show up, well obviously have to address those as necessary before we release. We know this update is extremely important to you guys, so we want to address everything that we can before releasing it wide.

Additionally, Ive been talking with Patrick Gilmore about many of your concerns. When we release the dedicated server files, Ill also be posting a blog from Patrick that speaks to some of your concerns, including future support of Medal of Honor Airborne. Once again, I want to express my thanks to those of you whove been patient and cooperative with us. Your constructive feedback has been extremely valuable in moving ahead, and its been very motivating to the team.
Looks like the next patch is due soon.