Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th October 2007, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tux
Elite - Post: 2781

Lurking
Default Bioshock - Anyone else totally addicted to it

Bioshock did something that nothing has been able to for nearly 3 years, it dragged me away from Everquest 2.
Anyone else totally blown away and addicted to this shooter?
Ive been playing this game for about 5 days now - not breezing thru it and glazing over most things so i can finish - but exploring ever inch of Rapture and hoping NOT to miss anything ...ANYTHING along the way and i love it, the game play is such fun that i just dont wanna stop playing....

Post your thoughts
Tux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20th October 2007, 09:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 4030

Twisted

Was playing it too.....my system struggles on high settings so i run it mid range specs.....got upto the area whee that guy seems to be plastercasting people..and wanting you to go do quests for him.

Sorta distracted with a couple beta games atm but i imagine i will get back and finish it someday.

BTW if you harvest or save.... do the same all the way thru the game.... different ending depending on your choice

regards,
B

Usual ingame names: Bloodwrych, Bloodwych, Blooodwrych, Blooodwych, Blodwrych, Blodwych
Bloodwrych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 11:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tux
Elite - Post: 2781

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwrych View Post
Was playing it too.....my system struggles on high settings so i run it mid range specs.....got upto the area whee that guy seems to be plastercasting people..and wanting you to go do quests for him.

Sorta distracted with a couple beta games atm but i imagine i will get back and finish it someday.

BTW if you harvest or save.... do the same all the way thru the game.... different ending depending on your choice
regards,
B
yeah Harvesting the Little Sisters this time thru - will do the honourable thing and save next time thru..
Tux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 596

Best Single PLayer Shooter Ever!!!! until System Shock 3 or Bioshock 2 comes out lol. This company knows how to make its games. Honestly anyone who says they dont like it are either PS3 owners or hate shooters in general. Yea its sad that its not on PS3 but they have been workin on this game for 7 years and just wanted it to be over probably lol. I would have taken the exclusive money and released it just so not to work another year or so on it for one system. Graphics are top notch but you gotta expect that from a single player game and the story was amazing. I give this game the William Wallace award for giving me what I always wanted in a Shooter...FREEDOM!!!! Freedom to actually listen to the story if I choose,0 the freedom to choose how I take out my enemies which is an extremely large amount of choices on that part, freedom to use my Plasmids the way I want to its just hard to explain. Unlike other games enemies are always respawning throughout Rapture so its not like your safe 100% of the time cuz you have already "Cleared" the area. Hell I remember laying down some Proximity mines to take out a Bouncer Big Daddy and some guy walks out of a side room and into my mine field BOOM all my mines gone from 1 stinkin splicer. GRRRRR all those mines wasted. The Splicers themselves are great I mean they talk so much Smack to you its kind of funny. I hope they come out with a sequel to either this game or System Shock just hope dont have to wait 10 years for thier next game.
Tularian is offline   Reply With Quote