Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range

Shooter Games: The Range Public discussion forum for all shooter games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd November 2007, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 9

Red face Disney Praites Of, but wiht much restricted the Caribbean

Greetings all,

It has come to pass, for all those "Pirates" out there, Disney had finally officially started thier "Pirates of the Caribbean" Online game today (1 November 2007). For those that may want to try, there is a free play but with much restircted options (ie. weapons, parlar games, PvP (pirate-vs-pairate). But then then there is a fee for those that wish to have unlimited access, 4.95 the first month, then 9.95 each month after the first. The reason I am posting, it that I have (hoping there is no wrong in what I ahve done), logged the guild name "The Old Gamers" guild name. I currently have the guild name logged and excepted. I did not wish to upset those of the guild, but if the guild "TOG" wanted to have the name saved, this is the reason I did this first before asking. It is as we taeach our children, sometimes it is easier to as forgivness, than to ask <grin>.
So please let me know if I have over stepped my bounds and I shall release the guild name open again. Again, it was just to be a place holders fo the TOG wanted it. I was not attempting to start another part, or over step my bounds. Thanks you all, and I do hope this has not upset anyone. Please let me if this has, and I shall remove what i have done, or shall keep the place holder.
blkkgt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3rd November 2007, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Pirates of the Carribbean

It is called the Pirates of the Carribbean. Located at:

Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean Online
Old 4th November 2007, 09:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Guru - Post: 12265

I'm certain grabbing that guild name will be only a good thing. No harm in that at all... so long as it's open to TOGgers!

How's the game?
Spectre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2007, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default Pirates of the Caribbean Update

Here is what I have seen,

There are two parts of the game:
The free online, but this is very limited. You do not gett all the exps you should, there is a lot that is locked until you pay the monthly fee for unlimited play.

The game is very warpy. From this point, it can very frustrating when trying to walk around, and fight critters. The game does have a basic play style. The storyline currently seems to be very basic. From the play style, there are basic quests that you can not complete without others helping. The game is like most out there (not like GW). Once in the game, you in compitition with everyone else in the game area that you are in. There are good points and bad points to this. The good points are that some of the critters are high lvl and with others around, it can help, but on the flip side, when it comes to the sailing the boats, while you are attempting to board, others will shoot at the ship and take the time you have from boarding from you.
The graphics are very basic. It does overall have much promise, but Disney needs to do a lot of work on the server maintence part. WIth the warping, over all, it just makes for a hard time. The economics are the basic gold. But the higher levels you fight, the better the gold you can get. More to come as played.